Back after 3 years

Roghan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
So I used to play 3 years back and I'm starting to play again, a lot, and I was wondering what tips anyone can give me for getting back into it. I have all my skills 15-20ish including SC. I have no idea what the deal is with artifact chests if anyone wants to tell me, and I would love it if someone had some tips on where I could grind some xp around my level, especially if it makes affliction easier. I have 470ish hp right now.

Caluminium

Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Welcome,

We aren't allowed to post spoilers on the boards, it's best if you ask around in-game.

jon50559

Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
RiP
Alpha Tester
MSR Developer
Reaction score
Artifact chests hold the rare items on some maps. People with the highest damage points are selected to pick something from it. There are also personalized chests in some newer maps, which give each player his own loot.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
From ye Changelog of Long Ago...

Know Your Chests
knowyourchests1.jpg
• Standard Chest
- In most cases...
- Increases inventory with number of players
- Increases quality of items with number of players
- If both strong and weak players are on the map, chest may "hide" certain items until the stronger players get a look at them (in order to get first pick).

knowyourchests2.jpg
• Artifact Chest
- Appears, floats, and magically gives items to players
- Player with the most Damage Points (listpoints in chat) gets first pick, the second the next, and so on.
- The number of players directly affects the chest's chance to dish out a particular item.

knowyourchests3.jpg
• Individualized Chest
- Has a separate inventory it displays to each player
- Each player has his own reward based on his own strength and damage points
- Increases yield with the number of players present
- Increases quality of items with the number of player present
- May offer one or more bonus items based on player's Damage Points.

knowyourchests4.jpg
• Galat's Wondrous Chest of Storage
- The latest in magical banking technology allows you to store your items in a magical chest, which can then be summoned anywhere in the world, via a (very expensive) magic scroll.
- Once summoned, the chest can be accessed by all players present. It contains a separate inventory for each player.
- Each Galat outlet has a Wondrous Chest of Storage, and its usage at such outlets is free of charge. The local Galat representative can also sell you the aforementioned Wondrous Scroll, which summons the chest anywhere you and your friends may happen to be at the time.
- At the moment, the Galat chest holds about a dozen items (will vary by script name). If the chest proves faithful, it may be expanded to two or three dozen. [edit: Actually it's ~100 now]
- Galat's Wondrous Chest of Storage cannot store packs, sheaths, multi-use potions, or ammo, and will not allow you to screw yourself by attempting to do so.
- Ask your local Galat representative for more details!
(Tech info: Depositing items in a Galat chests shift your items from inventory data to quest data, making overflows less likely.)

Roghan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys.
Caluminium said:
Welcome,

We aren't allowed to post spoilers on the boards, it's best if you ask around in-game.
I didn't think grinding maps qualified as spoilers :p my bad.

Thanks for the chest info, I didn't even know there was more than the normal and artifact lol. I am hopefully gonna have a server up soon. Hopefully I'll see you guys there or on other servers. :D

franky200

New Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Reaction score
Can't even connect now it gets stuck on some part of the loading.

Roghan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I've been having issues with my isp, just got a new one so I'm trying to get it set up again. If anyone can connect and it works let me know.