ATTN: harpoon hunters

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
Thanks for crashing 66% of all the RKS servers by repeatedly playing that map, even though you know it crashes a lot.

That explains the e-mail messages I have been getting spammed with constantly...

The Half Life 1 - Master Sword Continued server at 216.151.211.229:27015 has not been responding for a while and has been restarted.

Owner Id: MSC
Owner Name: Master Sword Continued

On another note, new patch seems to have increased the memory requirements on the server by quite a margin. Using almost 2.5 times more ram now.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Hrmm... My peak memory usage is 290MB after 5 hours up time (during which time there was a shad_palace->villa run), which is less than the usual ~500MB, but the removal of the edict flag may have something to do with that. The CPU hit is definitely way down without the debug overhead though - although even more so on a listenserver - bloody thing was constantly sending debug messages to itself, even with developer disabled (which just stops it from echo'ing them - and even then, you don't see nearly all of them).

I think Rickler went a little overboard with the... map in question... I can't think of an easy way to pair it down though - save just using less monsters - in which case would need to fix their navigation some. There've been so many fixes to that map, I can't guarantee our current source has them all though.

That being said, I did just have to restart a bunch of RKS servers, and none of them came back up on the map in question. Hell, one was on Isle - of all the bloody places to crash.

I wish we had a dependable Winsock based restarter, instead of the hacky VB5 one that Thothie guy made. :/