a suggestion

rpggamer

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i was thinking of making an FN server with a maximum of only 1 player. i usually play alone in a password locked server and it is... fun. this is where players could play privately without any disturbances or interuptions and do not know how to make their own server. yeah i was a noob once and had assholes killing my boars and rats. was wondering if this is a good idea? it wont be on alot but as long as there is someone in it, i'll keep it up. ;)

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
That'll never happen. Your character will be deleted, most likely, and again most likely, you'd be banned from connecting to FN.

The reason people AREN'T allowed to do what you just suggested is to prevent cheaters from playing FN. It isn't fair if you are capable of godmoding yourself and leveling up a character that can play on any other server connected to FN, hence why it isn't allowed.

Furthermore, if you really want to play a singleplayer sided server type, but one that'll work on somebody else's server too... start using client-sided characters. They can be uploaded for somebody else's server, if that server uses client-sided too.

Otherwise, you won't be getting what you want. Since I am guaranteeing you this right now, that if you somehow get to host a one-player server with password or something, I am going to host a four-player server with password & do whatever the hell I feel like on it.

You aren't special, you aren't going to make an impact, and you most certainly aren't going to be hosting this server while connected to FN. At least, you won't get to and get away with it.

Of course, I must finalize all of this by mentioning that:
A) I am tired
B) I am rushing this, as I am watching some more House episodes
C) This post of yours is the stupidest shit I've seen in awhile on the forums here

I am sorry if I seem to be overly offensive, but I can't deny that I intended to offend you here. You asked if you could host a server connected to FN using a max player slot of either one or having a password on it... suggesting that you desire to cheat on FN, since there is absolutely no reason to play on FN if you don't plan on playing with *OTHER* people... and if you are on FN but on a passworded server or some such, you will undoubtedly be attempting to give yourself a little "boost" here and there...

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Netrogor said:
there is absolutely no reason to play on FN if you don't plan on playing with *OTHER* people...

i'm pretty sure that was the only valid part of your statement Net...

so far as i know it is perfectly legal to play on passworded servers, and one man servers...you'll just get the witch hunt mob after you....

so heres my suggestion...

1) get amx
2) make your server have 2-3 slots so people can join
3) ask people to leave the things you're trying to do alone
4) if they dont, kick them
5) if they return, ask again
6) if they continue, ban them

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Yeah...I'm sure you don't to be flamed at the stake for hosting a one man server...Few people play MS anyways, so you could have an open server to yourself for awhile, no problem.

rpggamer

New Adventurer
Reaction score
holy hell, netrogor thats a nice answer to my suggestion. this forum communtiy has got to be the worst i have ever been involved in and my god, i regret the fuck out of it. (no offense to the other 99.9% of the community)

ALL i wanted to do net, was

1. make a 1 man-max server for other people to play on. the server has no godmode or whatsoever or cheatmaps
2. it's not a freakin passworded server. i just said that i usually play on my OWN passworded server.
4. i did NOT plan on playing on the server. should i repeat that? I DID NOT plan on playing on the server. it was a server meant for OTHER people who wanted to play ALONE for a WHILE.

i had that highlighted just for you, net because on my previous post about ace high, i noticed you did not read my post very well. neither did you on this one.

before you post a flaming hot piece of comment like that shit, i suggest you read threads thoroughly.

i have just cut and pasted my MSC folder into my HLDS one just so i could create a dedicated server for others to play in and that also means i sacrifice my own game. i can't even play anymore. of course after reading this post, Lord Nertrogor has suggested that i avoid creating a server.

well, i just deleted my HLDS file and my MSC folder. so woopy doo, i can't even play OR host anymore not to mention that i came in here with good intentions and got my ass flamed. thanks alot netrogor, you've really made my day.

i don't intend to stretch this argument to greater heights but all i'm saying is that netrogor, you have to chill. i know you might not mean any offense towards me but you gotta know that i did feel offended that i suggested something that you didn't quite get a hold of and still, try to bring me down. if you're tired, busy or something i'd advise you to take your time and read my post again and get the picture that i am not creating a server for my own but rather, a server for someone to play in when they feel like, "hey, i wanna kill some orcs alone."

like i said before i've already deleted both my MSC and my HLDS folder so i won't be playing or hosting. i didn't want to play msc anymore and all i really wanted was to host a server for others to enjoy the privacy and peace that i enjoyed when i did the same. well, if im guilty for that then delete my FN character if you wish. Popeye's the name.

netrogor i apolagise for intruding into the MSC forums and posting a "stupid shit" for all you to read. i'll still be reading on and maybe reply to my threads if needs be, but trust me i won't be posting anymore "rubbish" or rather, i wont be posting anymore. thanks, but i'm still a fan of MS:C and will be following it's progress.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
i know what hes saying some people like me dont liek to play with other people. but some people arnt as smart as him or i and dont know how to make a [FN] server to play by himself... so he has a server with a 1 person limit so the person doesnt have to learn how to make his server [FN] compatible..... more of a curtisy thing...

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Dear lord...Net, you're starting to sound like me. You may want to stay away from ranting in your posts lest you become the new forum jerk O_O

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Difference; all of the old players here actually like me (exluding you MiB) (I hope :( )

Anyways..... it is a very stupid thing to do to host a one player server, but if it is allowed... how about I start up my HLDS allowing one person & play away on lostcastle or something.... I could probably play with ripent and never get caught just because it'll be a one person server and it is entirely my choice to say what happens :p

Then again... we have Thothie's work to prevent cheaters & cheatmaps, now don't we? Good thing for it... well FINE then! I will declare fealty concerning this event now, since I don't want to get tangled up in hosting rights (the more, the better).

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Netrogor said:
C) This post of yours is the stupidest **** I've seen in awhile on the forums here
What the **** is wrong with you Netrogor? This just isn't cool.

His suggestion isn't illegal or anything. Your reaction was uncalled for. Holy shit dude. :|

He also specifically stated that this one-man server isn't for him alone. Seriously, there's no need to flame this dude like that.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Never mind Netrogor, he's our resident witch burner.

If you got the server to spare, you can host a 1 man server if ya wish... Just beware that this game is very solo-unfriendly, you're always better off with a team - so long as you can stand their company.