a Series of none cheat training maps o.O?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Gaz_on_healers said:
What if the heal only works for a certain time, and can only be triggered with a special item/combination?
Yeah, mind you it's *okay* if they aren't intended for cheating, but you gotta be really careful with them, make sure they aren't constant or nuttin. Even that one in the pool in Edana causes issues. (I should probably zap it.)

JM_on_kazeroth_town_beta said:
I am positively sure this map was an attempt at a legal map. If there are chests (or things that would qualify this map as a cheatmap) in this map, I have completely forgotten about them
I guess ya missed the not-so-well hidden grave with the 10 treasure chests beneath it guarded by two skeleton warriors. Also there are several healing triggers (didn't bother to look where they were though, I just saw them in the ent table).

JM_on_ms_hell said:
This is the third map in a series of four gauntlet maps:
ms_church -> ms_monastary -> ms_hell -> kazeroth_town_beta
This map is actually pretty hard. It also has this really stupid puzzle that involves a lava pit and an invisible path over it. You should really RipEnt a spawn point in this and see it for yourself.
I'll look into it again... I suppose ms_church would be fine too if I axed the healing ability from the Edana High Priest - it isn't of any real use. Shame, as I just fixed it so it wouldn't heal your shield. ;) I'll look into ms_monastary again as well (there's a warboss in the ent table, but since I nerfed non-native orc bosses I shouldn't weigh that factor).

JM_on_blood_reaver said:
Blood Reaver isn't in Unrest
I wound up making the same changes I made on Flesh Eeater, to Blood Reaver, and the Fire Giants, as a result of that map, as they use the same model (or at least, they did - they are all still the same size.) They STILL get stuck in there. >< Wish he had actually fixed that map like he said he was going to.

MiB said:
I forget, is there a download for these? I say this because I'll try my luck on those unloadable maps for Thothie, and such. ms_central_enabled 0 of course
I'm sure JM and some of the other MS 1.35 vets have seen all of these, and I think I already got all the info I need from him. I may, however, assemble a collection of some of the better green ones and pop it up on my site. Ms_underworldv2 is almost hostable - I'd almost say it's a mite better than either of Jester's maps, and I'm hosting those POS's...

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
thoth, i looked at your um well listing of things that would make something a cheatmap... and well... world walker seems like a map that fits under high exp gaining or something... garonhroth is also quite easy to solo there... I remember when I made my new FN character and I needed dark armor... All I did was run the teleporters for 15 minutes burning garonhroth... dead, done, 2nd best armor in game.

while i'm doing this i also thought i'd mention exp...

nightmare thornlands gives so little exp... and bosses give so little exp... the best exp is from skeletons, trolls, and bugged monsters (ones left behind after the boss is killed)

hungry dead give 1 percent each kill and drop fairly quickly... like 60-80hp...

i think simply i want to say STONGER MONSTERS (shud) = MORE EXP

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
15 minutes is a pretty long time to spend on one boss battle. I think the only one that'd take you longer than that is the Ice Queen, and maybe Calruin2's Lord BS, if you screwed up lots (lest you just went for the kill and screw the reward). Back before you had 100 ways to stick him on a plate (ie. shields, blizzard, frostbolt, etc.), most people gave up on that map though, as most players were not as skilled as jumping around as you and Jester are. Tails - at the time the second strongest player character in all of Daragoth - was actually convinced he could not be defeated for months. The intention was that it'd require some teamwork to defeat him (much as it does on Calruin2, where the intention is a tad more effectively played out.).

Sadly, yes, now you have a hundred different ways to stick him to a fireplate (no need to dance around teleporters at all). If ya have some high-end friends, you can kill him almost instantly without even bothering with the traps. (Although the map isn't really intended for those over 25.)

I can reduce the fire trap damage and, as discussed before, reduce the reward % (although I'd like it to always give you something worth while, just maybe not always DA.) I may also consider improving Lord BS's fire resistance (wouldn't apply to his traps though).

You do still have to carve through over 100 high-end skeles, and a few other high end beasties, in the previous two maps just to reach him him though (in addition to the ones in his own map). You can no longer skip them all and warp to WW3d without being sent into oblivion. If WW3d was the only map in the series, I might agree with you, but I think the pain to gain ratio is fair, if you take into account the whole of the gauntlet, especially since there are NO other rewards in the entire series. (Really, it seems pretty skimpy - there's no where else you can kill that much stuff and get so little.)

To put that in perspective - you would have to kill EVERYTHING in Calruin2, seventeen times, to equal the HP of monsters you have to cut through in the three map World Walker series.

DA's days as the "second best armor in the game" are also numbered. (No intention of nerfing it, just out-classing it.)

STONGER MONSTERS (shud) = MORE EXP

We've had this discussion too.

Bigger monsters DO give more XP, but the ramp isn't per hitpoint, as if it were, you'd gain a whole level every time you killed a 1000hp monster. Nightmare_thornlands is, point per point, one of the highest XP maps in the game (but not the best T-farm due to the time it takes to extract said XP). To give you an idea of the ramp, given your example: Hungry dead are worth 50XP and have 70hp. The various types of Poison Skeletons have 200-400hp and are worth 100-200xp. Giant Polar Bears have 1600hp and are worth 300xp. The Ice Bone Lord has 9000hp (altogether) and is worth 800xp.

But the loot you get for carving through the Poisoners, Polars, or the Ice Queen (ie. most all the best equipment in the game), is FAR better than the pocket change you get from killing Hungry Dead (3-7 gold).

Basically, you do get more XP for bigger monsters, but they take longer to kill. So if you want to T-farm, you hit mid-range minions, but if you want an item, you go kill a boss. ...and conveniently, to reach one big one, you gotta cut through hordes of the little ones.

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
excellent... um... those boars in nightmare take much longer to kill than any skeleton... and they give very little exp... plus they have an uber strong stun chase you down attack to boot... explain that please

really, thank you thothie for explaining that other stuff

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Gigantic Snow Boar's have 1200hp, and are worth 350xp (they are worth more than bears, even though they have less HP, due to their stun attacks and the fact that they hit harder.) If more than one player starts whacking on them though, the XP gets divided up by the % of damage each player did.

edit: The Ferocious Snow Boar's (next size down), are however *cough* worth a little less than they should be... :oops: (fixes)

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
I have a question. Would it be possible to get a hold of all those maps? I would love to look at them on my BlastNet central server. Plus I want to rip them up and look at there guts, I plan on making a map at some point now that finals are all over.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Already discussed that above - I've not gotten around to assembling anything. Most of these are not FN friendly - and certainly, you wouldn't want to use any of them to learn how to map.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Im working on the map as a matter of fact currently any ent except for the bludgeon is the normal troll or undead knight.

im gonna look into it later but it is really hard
(lack of time)

as for goblintown its not a cheatmap
it has a bear
some bludgeons(intended to be goblins)
and a secret entrance behind a cave to some lavamaze where there is a big leak because i forgot to palce a sky texture.

as for hell its just a red room with a bat
original ms beta testmap

author: unknown i just ripented a spawnpoint there.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
as for goblintown its not a cheatmap
it has a bear
some bludgeons(intended to be goblins)
and a secret entrance behind a cave to some lavamaze where there is a big leak because i forgot to palce a sky texture.

...and a lost blade. :evil:

Code:
{
"origin" "-2192 -144 -528"
"spawnstart" "1"
"scriptfile" "swords_lostblade"
"classname" "msitem_spawn"
}

I'll be changing the name of that script, and the current one doesn't work though, so maybe I should let it slide too... But the fact that ya *tried* to make it a cheat map makes sockbaby jesus cry.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
oh...back in 1.3 i made loads of experiments to create a lostblade
all failed since the item was ingame but disabled