a Series of none cheat training maps o.O?

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
Well, the map its self is finished i think unless anyone has any suggestions to add to a box XD

heres a pretty pick of what the first line of series of traing maps will look like.

thetraininmapri8.png

[edit]

if u want any updates to the maps do it ur self the source will be included...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
*sigh* - Jeeze you're Arena was better... Why do you bother? :p

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
lol cause im bored, i know the arena was better but it had differnt purpose ...

this isnt really supposed to have a meaning other than to train easyier...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Makin training easier = cheatmap. There's actually already a cheatmap that looks exactally like this.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
acutally this only makes it easyier in the fact that u dont have hunt down something and stand there all day. ur already put where it is and u stand there all day lol, u still die, matter of fact its easyier to die, theres no healing so no invulnrablity, no easy to get chests, so by what iv been told that makes it not a cheat map... you may be the dev thothie and i dont plan to piss u off but i think i won there....

"sorry i like to argue"

matter of fact

What is a cheat map?
Cheat maps, as far as I understand, are maps where:
1. Monsters can't fight back (due to cliffs or braindead-ness, or any other reason)

and/or

2. Easy access to treasures

Basically, if it allows easy training or easy item grabbing, it's going to be a cheat map.

yes my map does make it easyier to train in the sence u dont have to "find" your monster u would usually grind on... but doesnt the fact that u cant run away from your enemy cancle out the fact that its easy to train, if so edana should be a "Cheat" map since all the rats are in 1 spot, and expecially where the boars are they cant even run in the house when its open... i would like u to re-consider these as cheat maps.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Map is designed specifically to make the game easier. Cheatmap.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Yes, but on the other hand, some maps (Frozen Summit) require you to walk for about five minutes before you finally get to the fight. Then, two minutes later, you're dead, and then you can run another five minutes.

I'm not saying this map should be legal, though.

There just should be something like checkpoints. Sven Co-Op style.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
or some sort of spell that places a marker, then another to teleport you to said marker, for a high mana cost and an expendable item, if possible...IE: buy 60 magic crystals for 10000 gold, costs 1 magic crystal for each teleport.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:
or some sort of spell that places a marker, then another to teleport you to said marker, for a high mana cost and an expendable item, if possible...IE: buy 60 magic crystals for 10000 gold, costs 1 magic crystal for each teleport.

That thar is a thought.

BTW - J-M - Can you get me a list of known cheat maps? I know you got me one way back when in MS 1.35 - but I think it's long gone. I intend to setup something to prevent XP/item drops on said maps. I wish I could remember the name of the one that looks just like this one though.

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:

Brilliance.
cost is kinda high but, brilliant.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I've been trying to think about possible exploits for it, and I can only come up with a few (which really aren't exploits). For one, people could have teles for the seals on Calruin2. Other than that, the only problems I can foresee are people teleing when they're about to die, but I doubt anyone has complaints about that (Though, if they do, just give it a 10 second delay or something) (Side note: I've been working with Java so much that I just tried to put a ';' after those parenthesis >_<).

As long as when Thothie makes it, he makes it so that the location is reset at the map change (which it may do automatically, dunno. Just throwing that out), it should be good. :)

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
since we're now speaking about spells.... after i got the rebuke undead scroll, every time after i cast a scroll spell it goes to my small sack instead of my spell book or w.e its called. whats up?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Small sacks be bugged, so they hold scrolls. The small sack's attributes are defined internally, since it's a starting item, thus I cannot add item filters to it.

There was a cheatmap with a boxing arena - scary thing is, I think it had the same color scheme too (save the floor logo). I'd load it up, but I'm afraid to start Steam right now, that I may download the latest bug and not have access to any of my mods.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Thothie said:
BTW - J-M - Can you get me a list of known cheat maps? I know you got me one way back when in MS 1.35 - but I think it's long gone. I intend to setup something to prevent XP/item drops on said maps. I wish I could remember the name of the one that looks just like this one though.
I'll get on that later today. I've got some stuff for school to do now.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
yea, it never used to do that though.
Sack order may have changed while you were arranging inventory. Plus there always the "MSC works in mysterious ways" factor. But if you try to manually put a scroll in there, you'll see that it works. Should be the only sack that can take them, aside from the Spellbook, of course.

I'll get on that later today. I've got some stuff for school to do now.
Damn your skool and its edjumakationz! Actually, I'm thinking that uncheat map collection may have a fairly complete list, not sure - but there are also several in it that weren't intended to be cheatmaps, just had a few spots of major cheapness that were fixed.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:

That's pretty expensive for just 60 crystals... at most 2000 gold!

Gurluas said:
www.freewebs.com/ms-jm
there is an installer with most cheatmaps

Wow Gurluas; stupid much? Sorry but you shouldn't have posted that, even if the download link is broken.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I like how he tried it before calling it stupid :D

Also, why is it so bad? FN catches those maps and deletes chars using them, so it's just accelerating getting the cheaters out :D

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Little G, not renowned for his great judgment.

evilsquirrel said:

That's pretty expensive for just 60 crystals... at most 2000 gold!

The relocation crystals, more or less, fulfill this request. They range from 500 to 2000 gold, each.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
I like how he tried it before calling it stupid :D

Also, why is it so bad? FN catches those maps and deletes chars using them, so it's just accelerating getting the cheaters out :D

And what do you mean by that MiB? I haven't touched cheatmaps since MS-1.35.... so HAHA!! And I know you used them back in those ol'days yourself (nobody would play without them back then) :D

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I say that because you said the link was broken, so I assumed you clicked them.

And in "the old days" I played for about 20 minutes total time. MS:YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRR didn't like my crappy computer, so I couldn't even attack =\.