[WIP] Codename "CITY"

Like you my idea ? (this map...) (set score from 1 to 5, 5 is best)

• 1 (worst)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 3 (middle ?)

• 5 (best)

• Total voters

Cernobylsky

New Adventurer
Reaction score
CODENAME "CITY"

Idea:
I want to make oreginal map where will be city and also countryside with dungeons. City with shops, houses, maybe small barracks etc ,every building is oreginal with lot of details, interior will be 70-80% from models (furniture etc.). Countriside with lot of detailed scenery and trees (models) with few nice buildings and places such as ruins, farm and lake. Dungeons which will have several ways and wont be easy,maybe one mine for future mining :wink: and of course some quest

What to do:
-city enviroment
-city buildings
-city sewers (?)
-countryside terrain
-countryside enviroment
-dungeons
-add models (static)
-add NPCs and enemies
-add chests, quests and stuff

What I need:
Models:
-chairs
-tables
-furniture
-trees
-boat(?) -small one
-animals (such as pigs,chickens)
+more

Items:
-some cool sword maybe armor or so as quest reward

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Concept of Map:
scheme.jpg

Screens:
http://www.gamca.sk/~cernobylsky/blbosti/msc/harbourdistrictNEW_lighthouse.jpg
http://www.gamca.sk/~cernobylsky/blbosti/msc/harbourdistrictNEW_molo.jpg
http://www.gamca.sk/~cernobylsky/blbosti/msc/houseWIP2.jpg
http://www.gamca.sk/~cernobylsky/blbosti/msc/PharmacyWIP.jpg
http://www.gamca.sk/~cernobylsky/blbosti/msc/StreetWIP.jpg

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
seems weve got an abundance of mines :oldlol:
layout is a tad too simple.
google image search some references so you can add more detail.
<3

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I'm hoping by "worldcraft" you mean "the most updated version of hammer" and not "a version of hammer so old that it still has the file name 'worldcraft' " >_<

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
the thicknesses...they hurt >.<

people need to start making walls 8-32 units wide, not 64 >: (

split the map up with more curves, perhaps - and expand on the forest, use the forest to break up the area around the town by adding thick trees (tree textured walls) and such...if you add me on MSN - i can give advice and such...when i've got spare time, anyways.

Cernobylsky

New Adventurer
Reaction score
:oops: im sorry im beginner in mapping but anyways, that scheme is just basic today i made better scheme of city (houses,rodads,walls,harbour) so i think i will remake current map and ok i will be happy if you could help me (just a little).
cerno

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
i can help, although probably not today - studying and such...that goes for other people askin me things aswell, i'll likely be AFK alot.

replica

New Adventurer
Reaction score
http://twhl.co.za/ this is a good tutorial site. what you made in that screenshot looks really gigantic. you should keep in mind that a player is only about 75 units high and 30 or so units wide.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with 64 unit thick walls - so long as you can't see the whole thing and know that they are that thick. It's actually a good idea to have 32-64 unit walls on those on the borders of your map (where it meets the void). Granted, you don't want the walls of your cottages and huts to be that thick. ;)

But... Cernobylsky... What happened to that automated character restore system you were working on?

PS. Did I mention we don't need any more cities, towns, safe areas, or arenas?

PPS. Also, to keep yourself out of trouble, build from the outside in. This laying out the buildings on the map before you get started will cause you issues down the line.

Cernobylsky

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thx. I had hard week but im finnaly home and i could map a little ok about automated char recov. AMX is nerly finished and i found some "unrar" libraries, but i have to install Visual Studio (i reinstalled windows) so im thinking about that in near future :oops: (i have holiday in 2weeks so i hope then) sry thothie :( and about cities i just have this idea map with -big city, and few dungeons (i think its something we dont have...)
PS: replica that i wanted to ask so thx ;), so house could be fe. 100 units high (one floor)?

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
try 128 units, as it conforms to a larger grid...

but its mostly just getting it to look/feel right. (128 should be close i think)

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
lookin good, but why is there writing all over all of your stuff :|

and be sure to playerclip around that dock...

Cernobylsky

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Its just temporary texture (text says me that its just tem and also squares says me sizes....) and i made it like WOOD (16) - HOLE (6) - WOOD (16) so it should work but i will have to test it... now im making few buildings and finishing harbour district

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Cernobylsky said:
Its just temporary texture (text says me that its just tem and also squares says me sizes....) and i made it like WOOD (16) - HOLE (6) - WOOD (16) so it should work but i will have to test it... now im making few buildings and finishing harbour district
I never tested/noticed if material-based footsteps work in MSC.

replica

New Adventurer
Reaction score
according to the materials.txt only a few textures actually use sounds. i notice them in lan games when im testing wicardoven but i dont notice them online.

Cernobylsky

New Adventurer
Reaction score
:oldshock: it should be human city (i started make it as one) and i was thinking about SPIRES/ORCS,GOBLINS and maybe skeletons or dark elves :twisted: maybe 1 bludgeon as strong creature or boss ? anyways dark elves and bludgens are not implemented and modeled (except ugly model of bludgeon i think new isnt finished yet) so just map with city and good dungeons for advanture .... :?

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:
what does that have to do with this gurluas o_O

instead of making a common human city make an elven city...we got many human cities, one dwarf and none elven

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
we got the one lanethan gave us...its fine for now...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I have two from FER that are definitely ripped from WoW, but I'm getting seriously desperate.

But that dunna look like an elven town in anyway in anycase.