Why do people keep posting on the spam topics...?

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Its not as if it helps them get deleted or moved any faster...and it doesn't really help ban the spammer faster - the best way to deal with this would be to bother one of the admins over some sorta instant messenger..

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Or to flood their PM boxes with a thousand PMs...

I think the forums filter is either to old to work good anymore, or it is broken :(

Admins must rise themselves to this, and heed the signs! A great storm is about to break, and it shall reign a thousand spam-bots across the forums!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'm not sure if those bots check if people responded - but I'm sure they check if people click on the links.

The mail system we have for restoring FN characters has been rendered all but useless by spam bots. (Plus some of the spam is slipping by the mail rules, and winding up in my inbox instead of the FN folder, which gives me half a mind to remove the mail account entirely).

Kuroneko

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
I'm not sure if those bots check if people responded - but I'm sure they check if people click on the links.

Those links don't pose a threat :p

The mail system we have for restoring FN characters has been rendered all but useless by spam bots. (Plus some of the spam is slipping by the mail rules, and winding up in my inbox instead of the FN folder, which gives me half a mind to remove the mail account entirely).

If you think thats bad, you should see the catch-all account for the domain. It was getting several hundred emails a day for a while, mostly bounce back emails. Looks like someone was spoofing my email accounts.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Hahah, so some little pricks don't like you Kuro (probably Acehigh or Kokris, most likely Kokris...) :p

You're too awesome for anybody other than Kokris to dislike :)