Who owes me a new pair of eyes?

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Srsly, did someone add HDR or something? I can't figure out how to turn it off and it burns to look at.

Only click if you wish to be blind

Edit: Also, my resolution only has two settings and neither of them look correct. My HUD is all squashed. I should never have stopped playing MS:C cos I've forgotten what's going on in the options, let a lone what's going on in the game D:

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
DEC2010a

• Bloom - The poor man's HDR. Yes, we now have our own internal bloom mod that should not trip VAC. It needs some work though, as it is downright blinding on several maps.
- Under the full installer and config, you should be able to tap "B" to toggle it.
- (Otherwise, the bind is "toggle_bloom" if you have the extras.cfg executed in your userconfig.cfg)
- ms_bloom_level 0 should also remove it (default level is 4)
- You can also access it in Advanced Game Options.

FEB2011a

• Darken Bloom (Simulated Auto-exposure fix)
- MSC will "nerf" it's bloom effect with a secondary filter layer that will vary in strength from map to map, and in some cases, from map area to map area.
- You can force this filter to a desired level by setting the cvar ms_bloom_darken to any number higher than 0. Setting it to -1 lets MSC manage the exposure itself.

• choosebloom command
- bind b "choosebloom"
- You can bind b to the choosebloom command, instead of bloom_toggle, allowing you to cycle through several levels of bloom and darkening, including the auto-setting and off. By default, this command now replaces "toggle_bloom", although it will not overwrite your current bind.
- (note that both ms_bloom_level and ms_bloom_darken cvars are affected by this, and should stick properly now.)

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Why thank you J-M, how's things?

Edit: Also, my server list is empty :(? Is this MS:C now or is my firewall blocking it?

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Well I can't see any of that... Tweaking my settings does nothing either. Weird, I can see servers for every other game I own (including other HL mods)... Just not MS:C.

Caluminium

Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Add all of the servers to your favorites when you eventually see them.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
How to make it work, use game monitor, grab ms:c's servers ips, copy and add them to favourites. If this doesn't work, well then we can presume you are fucked up unless someone knows what is going on.