where is the weapon data etc. ?

kainfx

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hy MSRemake forum and fans,

i need your help, im currently working on an Wiki for MS:C @ http://msc-wiki.eu (i just started yesterday so there is not much yet)

my problem is i need a way to find the names of all weapons/amors/monsters etc. with pictures and if possible with stats (weapon=atk, amor=def, monster=hp etc. )

i would be glad if someone could help me, or if you eaven like to write in my wiki

thx for reading, seeya soon ingame :D

Last edited:

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
There is no weapon/monster data publicly available anywhere because apparently that'd be bad for the game, even though every other RPG in the entire world shows weapon data and monster HP in-game. Hope this helps.

I'd copy + paste the info I have but this post would get deleted.

Edit: Oh you're making your own WIKI O_O? Not hosted on msremake.com? I'll help as soon as I can!

kainfx

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Tigerkev said:
Eww, i don't want to burst your bubble, but MS already has a wiki.

http://www.msremake.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

€: Tho it seems like some guys **** it up, i guess Thoth needs to look into it.

that was my problem, that someone ******up the msremake wiki, so i came to think of making one myself (im really bored, cuz i have vacation and need something todo, like a wiki :D )
J-M v2.5.5 said:
There is no weapon/monster data publicly available anywhere because apparently that'd be bad for the game, even though every other RPG in the entire world shows weapon data and monster HP in-game. Hope this helps.

I'd copy + paste the info I have but this post would get deleted.

Edit: Oh you're making your own WIKI O_O? Not hosted on msremake.com? I'll help as soon as I can!

no problem, i thought this would be bad for the game, so i will not search any further for item values like atk etc.

i guess i make the weapon in one line from weak to strong

thx again

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I, personally, wouldn't have any problem with a detailed weapon list - and even made a program that automatically generated an HTML one based on the scripts, but alas, the project lead would.

Semi-related side note.... I've been trying to figure a safe place to put the scripting wiki up. I dun wanna have to save it from spam bots every three days.

kainfx

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
I, personally, wouldn't have any problem with a detailed weapon list - and even made a program that automatically generated an HTML one based on the scripts, but alas, the project lead would.

Semi-related side note.... I've been trying to figure a safe place to put the scripting wiki up. I dun wanna have to save it from spam bots every three days.

you know Mediawiki ? there you can configure if you´re the only one thats able to write or if you want other to be able to write

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I would like other folks to be able to contribute - without risking the bot invasion, that's the thing.

Also image capability would be very nice, preferably with external linkage.

I stuck two wikis into my host, experimenting, but neither works very well.

kainfx

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
I would like other folks to be able to contribute - without risking the bot invasion, that's the thing.

Also image capability would be very nice, preferably with external linkage.

I stuck two wikis into my host, experimenting, but neither works very well.

in MediaWiki is a solution for this problem too, you can configure it so that only, people who you activated can contribute, so you can control who can contribute and eaven block/ban those that fake or delete the wiki entries, in that case you still had to rollback your backup

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Aren't YOU the project lead Thothie? Who has a problem with it?

OpsMiller

Adventurer
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
THIS
i don't play that often and i get fusterated that everyone knows exactly where to find stuff and where to go.. I'd be greatful if there were some type of data guide.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
well... the idea is to cover weapon/monster stats, not their locations.

cartman-2000

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Thothie said:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/master-sword-continued-111

I guess many people consider you the leader of the project as you appear to be the most active MSC dev at the moment, plus putting out all the patch info on the forums.