What spell is that?

ReBoot

New Adventurer
Reaction score
My inventory contains a "tome of undead cre". What spell is that? Does not look like "summon undead". Could anyone explain me the spell before I memorize something I maybe don't need?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Tome of Undead Creation = Summon Undead.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Throw it away. I bogged my spells list down with one of those too... wish I hadn't... summoning skeletons is completely worthless; as you rarely get gold (if ever) from their kills, they are agonizingly weak, and there is no XP reward for them either.

If you get the scroll, you could keep it for the sake of summoning up hit-takers when fighting a boss... albeit most bosses you fight by the time you can use the scroll or tome will one-hit-kill the skeletons anyways...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Skeletons are pretty nasty actually... My FN chars SC is only 10 and he can take down trolls with two or three of em. (Not to mention slaughter entire armies of bandits). They are certainly excellent lures for maps like Foutpost, where you don't want them to die instantly.

Plus you can combine them with rats to make stair cases. ;)

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
What drugs are you on :oldshock:

I've summoned five skellies all at once on my lvl fourteen (14) SC character, Vivi, and they ALL died fighting one troll!! I wanna know what secret you have for your skellies (and no, they weren't hideous cave trolls; normal trolls like the stone lobbing ones)!! Unfair that mine die while yours live!

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Probably the same secret with his Rebuke. Thothie just has hacked spells ;-)

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
He knows all of the good sploits.... probably put them in purposefully for temp-uses (until we found them too) just like the makers of mecklenburg maps for TSRP -_-

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well Troll Lobbers one-hit my skeletons. Granted, they almost one-hit ME too. :| (If I don't dodge) But yeah, regular trolls will go down to three, sometimes four level 10 skeles.

charcolishen

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Reminds me...

MasterSword Wiki said:
Summon Undead - Summon some Skeletons from the earth, when you have many they can be useful depending on your Spell Casting level. Requires Spell Casting level 9 to use. Summoned undead, while much stronger than rats, do not have the immunities to poison and the like, associated with normal undead (game limitation/bug)

Summon Armored Undead - Summon Undead upgrades to Summon Armored Undead with various armor and weapon type layouts at higher spell casting levels beginning in the October 1st, 2006 betapack

I'm guessing these aren't separate spells and the first one has been replaced with the Armored Undead, right?

Also does a summoned Shadahar (spelling?) have circle of death? That would be wickedness. =<