What do YOU like about MS?

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
There are so many other games out there that I'm sure everyone plays at least a little bit. What is it about MS that makes you spend time playing it instead of something else?

I'll start I suppose:
One of the main things that pulled me into MS was exploration. The first time you visit an area is the most rewarding experience I believe MS has to offer. Not ofcourse if you are not strong enough ofcourse, but a moderately difficult battle makes it fun. Before glow spells, and before the torch lightsource was nerfed slightly(I think) It was a very bone chilling experience to visit the caves of Daragoth. You only knew what was a few feet in front of you and with the music disabled you walked in silence and would get startled by an orc warcry or a rambling skeleton moving in that classic creepy shuffle.

The second thing that I like about MS is the character freedom. While other games put limitations on characters, MS allows you to do whatever you wish. "Cool! I found an axe! I suck at axes... Well I suppose i'll get better!" I remember when I played with a good friend of mine, before we got "corrupted" by cheatmaps, we used bows and swords. And boy it was good. fill an enemy with arrows and then tap q twice to draw our blades and finish em off.
Oooo, Idea brewing.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
well, what draws me in is the combat system...

most rpg's follow the point 'n click method where you just watch your character fight...in master sword you have a choice on exactly how you fight...which is why i'd like it expanded in source :D

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
yeah I agree control in combat is nice to have, an enemy shoots an arrow... YOU MOVE! a troll throws a giant rock with your squishy lil head as the target you MOVE OUT OF THE WAY! On the fly you can position yourself so you take as little damage as possible from a large group of enemies. Or choose to ignite an enemy with a flame weapon and move on to the next one to inflict as many enemies with burning, increasing your damage potential while taking a few more enemy blows.

surround an enemy and trap a volcano under his ass, while preventing his escape. One person keeps a constant stun/freeze on a boss while everyone else wails on him.

If you know an enemy is about to strike you and you don't wanna count on the natural shield block or parry percentage. You can put your shield up manually and deflect a portion of the damage!

(yeah, I comepletely forgot about the freedom in the combat system :oops: thanks evilsquirrel :) )

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
I loved this mod for the sole fact it was like an elderscrolls game, but had multiplayer. What more could I ask for?

Cernobylsky

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I allwyas play MSc with friend/friends and as mario said GREAT ATMOSPEHERE (mostly fist play of map) and another is getting some good wepon fe beat calruin to get lord's mace ;), and in msc exsist something like DUNGEON (spider cave(thorlands),calruin,ice lord in keledrospass2 and so and so) and dungeon with few friends is big fun ;) (mainly hard dungeons :p )

BioRage

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
What I like?...

S*** This game is hella fun, The community is what makes me happy... Although like any other games, there are some fruits @_@.

The gameplay is fun, it makes you wish that Oblvion Elder scrolls was like this.

Also all the effort that everyone especially Thothie had made to do this.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I love MS because of how old it is, as a mod, for Half-Life. And because of the leveling system, and how no other Half-Life/Half-Life-2 mod/game even compares to it. It has more work, effort, and content than HL2-Ep.1 (work & effort) and Garry's Mod (Content) 8)

ReBoot

New Adventurer
Reaction score
There are several reasons I like MS. The first ones are in my sig. Also, I like exporing a large world. However, the last thing dies in MS.
Reason one: in most areas you need higher levels to survive and the second reason are map change votes. At least, there's still something to explore by myself.

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i like msc for the amazing coding job.
oh yeah and those new models that vomica is making ;)

DarkWasp

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
I think First Person control makes the BEST source for an RPG, and this one is multiplayer.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
i like making things for it

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I like it for THE AMOUNT OF TIMES VOMICA CHANGES HIS AVATAR

DarkWasp

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
He's like the Avatar Satelite system, with over 1000 channels!

(Oh and another reason I like MS, the boars act like my dachsund)