Tulanacor A story in the world of Daragoth

Tradion

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
I'll be releasing this in parts, or chapters.. Please enjoy. Constructive critisism appriciated, Raving ranting and telling me how awesome i am are also.. (j/k)

Part 1

My name, at least my Elven name, is Tulanacor. But you can call me Tradion. This… This is my story, at least the parts that truly matter.

I always knew I was different from the other kids. They all enjoyed the daily routine, wake up, go to class, go home, study. What a bore. The only class I was interested in was swordsmanship.

I was born in a small town, just south of Kray Eldorad, right next to the Temple of Felewyn actually. Years came, years went, and it wasn’t until the night before my fourteenth birthday that life got truly… Exciting.

I don’t remember the grandeur details of the day, but, I do remember when I got home. Slowly walking through the door, I crept up to my parent’s bedroom, they were asleep. My father’s blade hung in its sheath on the wall. Gently I walked across the floor, quietly I lifted the sheath from its hook. I snuck away from the room, just as carefully as I had snuck in.

I recall having a face filled with glee as I ran into the forest. My father never let me touch his blade. “No son, you’ll hurt yourself.” Or “Swords are not toys to be played around with.” Maybe he was right.

I recall wanting some real practice with a blade, not the wooden ones we used in class. Sadly, there just wasn’t enough excitement in the forest. I grumbled my way home, pissed off at the world. I should have known before hand. Nothing worth killing ever comes into the forest… Nothing at all.

I don’t remember why, but I decided that I was going to sleep with my father’s blade that night. Maybe it was fate. The vivid dream, the screams, the moans… The blood.

I’m not sure what happened, but when I regained consciousness my father and mother were dead on the floor. I was still holding the blade, and it was hilt deep in my father’s chest. Mother had been slit at the throat.
Violent, angrily violent, I ran out of the house, rushed to the Temple of Felewyn. Why did she make me do it? How did it happen? What cruel twist was this?

I began slashing at the statue, not paying any mind to my surroundings. I must have awoken the temple Priests. Three of the Priests came stumbling out, still in their night clothing. “Tulanacor, what is this.”

“Why did she make me do it! Why!” I cried out, furious.

“Come child, please. Drop your weapon come with us.” They replied.

“No! I.. I… I know what must be done.” I said with as stutter, my voice growing ever deeper.

"Felewyn will pay for this hurt, she will pay for this pain she has put me through.” I shouted, charging the priests, blade held high above my head. A downward stroke, the first Priest falling lifelessly to the ground. A second slash and the Priest who stood next to him was beheaded.

I pointed the sword at the third Priest. “Let them know… Let them all know. Tradion did this. Tradion killed your head Priest. Tradion will make Felewyn suffer.”

Tradion

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Part 2

Tradion… What kind of name is that? But it stuck. People came to know me. People came to fear me. Some people even accepted me. What the hell were they thinking?

I had a lot of alone time after that. Lived wherever I laid down at night. The world was my home. Took me several years to find out what my purpose was. Not until I was in my early twenties.

I was in Helena. I snuck into the hotel through the caves underneath it and broke into one of the rooms. Thought it would be nice to sleep on an actual bed I guess.

I recall lying on the bed, staring at the ceiling. I had been debating what I was going to do with my life. That’s where it came to me. The, I suppose easiest, way to strike out at Felewyn. I packed my belongings as fast as possible. Walked right through the inn and out the front door. The innkeeper tried to stop me but to no avail.

I began my way north, To Deralia. The human capital. More importantly, to the Temple of Torkalath.

I came up to the city gates. There were two guards, they were both human, and they were both noticeably bored. I tried to walk past them, I held no grudge against the human race. Apparently they didn’t feel the same with me.

The guard on the right grabbed me by the collar, while the guard on the left just snickered. That was a mistake. Within seconds I had my blade drawn. A flow of blood sprayed above my head as the guard lost his hand. I did mention I’m not social didn’t I?

The guard on the left didn’t even have time to draw his sword. Poor boy. I had him nailed against the wooden door, his companions blade through his heart. I don’t enjoy being laughed at either.

Back to the first guard. I have to admit I wasn’t entirely sure where the temple was, but I had some interesting plans on how to find out. Can’t say the guard enjoyed it much. See, I wouldn’t let him just tell me. I’m sure he would have blurted it out right away. Instead I tortured him. Asked him one, word, at, a, time. I think he pissed himself.

Tradion

New Adventurer
Reaction score
:p yeah. I'm rewriting it. Same basic story though. I'm liking it more this time around though.

Tradion

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Part 3

You know, I went in and out of Deralia many times in my years, and still I’ve always had problems with the guards. I mean after what I did to those guards the first time I can kind of understand, but twenty years later you think they would have let up over it.

Slowly I came up the long winding road to the Temple. Considering the temple was a symbol of chaos, the many flowers and colorful road up to the temple could have fooled anybody. Then again, you can’t judge a book by its cover I suppose.

The outside of the temple itself was a bit more like I had expected though. Long dead vines draped down the pitch black walls. A large water fountain, which appeared to have dried up before it was even built, stood in the middle of the open yard. The clouds themselves darkened around the Temple. Almost made me feel like I was home… Almost.

“We’ve been expecting you.” A man, clad in robes blacker than my soul, said to me.

“Really, how, intriguing.” I replied back, hand on my blade handle, ready for any surprises.

“Oh come now Tradion, no need to be rash. Come in.” the man said, turning around and entering the Temple.

Cautiously I followed the man. You never know about certain followers of Torkalath. Most of them are just out for themselves.

“Please wait here.” he said, looking at me. I barely caught a glimpse of his face. Battered, scarred, torn… I think that’s the best way to describe it.

I waited, for what seemed like an eternity in the great hall. The floor had a circular diagram on it. An eye trapped in a never-ending eternity of twists and turns, walls and space.

I’m still not sure to this day where they were hiding, but every damn priest in that place attacked me. Every hate-filled spell imaginable flew towards me. Most found their place. My clothes were ripped, torn, shredded. Bones broken, my blood tainted the ground. Well to be exact, my blood tainted the diagram, which sucked every last drop deep into itself.
It was, as they told me later, my contribution to Torkalath. Binding my soul to his. Binding my fate to his.

Tradion

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Part 4

Being born as an elf you just have this undying hate for Torkalath. Something about being made from that wench Felewyn I guess. But, he was to become my master, and I needed him.

It took me around a month to heal from that abuse. I guess I know now that it was a way to bring me further into Chaos. Further into Destruction. Closer to Torkalath. Didn’t feel like it at the time.

All I wanted to do was get up, kill every last one of those sons of bitches and their family’s too, but the days went by, and by… and by.

Finally I was able to move. I recall sneaking out of the room. They had stripped me of my clothes, stripped me of my weapons. To bad they couldn’t strip me of my magic. So I thought anyways.

The robes they had put me in, no matter how decorated, how fancy… That was the first time I ever wore nice clothes to think about it, but regardless. They were sure hard to sneak around in.

I didn’t make it more than five steps out of my room before ten of the buggers surrounded me. I recall trying to fate a bolt of lightning at one of them. What a mistake. Bastard somehow deflected it, sent it right back at me. Yeah, and he made it more powerful too. Knocked me out cold for a week.

I guess I learned my lesson from that. Learn what they have to teach you… Then use it on them. Not that I had to though.
I spent several years in that temple. Learned everything there was to know about Torkalath. Hell, even talked to him personally once or twice. I’ll tell you what, his domain, is scarier than the depths of the lost.

But, there must come an end, and after all that training, I was appointed ambassador of the temple of Torkalath. Big title aye? Waste of a position in my opinion. You really want to know what a person in that position does? Goes out, finds young, easily corrupted souls, and brings them to the church. Sure you make an army. An army filled with a bunch of no skill, whiney kids with no concept of left and right.

The only real good ones were the ones we found who were already on their way to the temple. I recruited one such fellow, but rather than approach him I decided I would follow. Why assist the brats to the temple, more fun to make sure they can make it on their own.

This one was an elf, and acted quite like myself. Lucky bastard didn’t have any problems with the guards though. Guess they learned their lesson from me.

I decided that I would personally take this kid under my wing, show him the way things are done. Yeah right, me show him how things are done. Quite the other way around. That’s how I met Reaver.

Tradion

New Adventurer
Reaction score
o.0 Hell did i just make it to long sofar or something? I was expecting a little more comment's than just "you toon is crazy" :p.

The Valorous

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Gotta focus on views rather than posts. :p Unless all those views were just you checking your own thread. :p
Little busy this time of the year cause I'm actually looking to close out this semester with good grades, rather than barely passing, so I haven't really been reading. Just skimming.