Things have really changed...

CmdrQuartz

New Adventurer
Reaction score
So lets see... the last time I played there were no polearms, protection and summoning were still visible, and there were no fancy chests. Protection and summoning may have been removed near the end of that particular spree.

I play privately with my family and I've seen that spoilers are frowned upon but I was hoping I could garner some help from the forums. I've been trying to locate Rebuke Undead for a few days now, the location I thought I remembered it being it does not seem to be any more. Either that or rng has been an exceptionally cruel mistress. With everything else that has changed maybe it's location has too.

So could I get some sort of hint as to where it is? Or a PM as to it's location? I don't want it handed to me, but if I can just be sure where I'm grinding is where I need to be at least I know the rng is just being mean.

Oh, and does a certain wizard still drop the first poison spell? I recall being very excited when he dropped that on the ground (no chest back then) and my dad and little brother being angry that I was there to pick it up lol

Hopefully that doesn't substitute as a spoiler, seems pretty ambiguous as unless you've encountered him you'd still be left wondering. I expect any answers to be the same way and I thank you for them, even if it ends up being a "no"

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I can say that Rebuke Undead is available exactly where it used to be, and in about a half dozen new places.

The basic poison spell is in the generic treasure list, so it can show up, randomly, in just about any of the newer chests, and can even be purchased, in at least one, kind of out of the way place.

Can't go into much more detail than that without spoilers, though the locations where both items do appear are more or less logical to the areas' theme.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Ms:c needs a guide for everything you see... :D

Hint!

One of those new maps drops one of the spells you are looking for, keep in mind, there are small "secrets" in it, so loot/search carefully! :wink:

The other spell u mentioned, well it's a tad harder to obtain but it's part of an old'ish map. Map level range varies from low to high, and it's filled with hills, animals and "poison" undeads mostly. And a couple of bosses to have fun with.

CmdrQuartz

New Adventurer
Reaction score
That one new map sounds a little dangerous for a lone scout to be going through. I have ~350 hp so is that poison themed area reasonable for me to go through? I remember it being semi-difficult so I'm not sure I should look through there yet.

And thanks for the hints, I'm now quite a bit more sure the rng has just been cruel. Of course it's mostly been just me so loot levels probably aren't particularly high either.

Edit: Yeah needing a second player to rescue me makes the one map kind of silly to try and do

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Orkat Forest (orc_for) has several randomized chests, and should self adjust from 15-40, though your odds are much better with more players. (Castle areas maybe closer to 25-40)

If yer lower level than that, however, best to set a new goal or find a player to trade with.

CmdrQuartz

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Well the problem is getting trapped by the lightning goblins and pummeled on by pouncers, though I just now thought I could kill the pouncers off me with a fireball maybe but that still leaves getting trapped in a cage I can't escape from as far as I know.

The game makes me out to be a lvl 18 assassin with 363 hp, lowest skill is of course SC at 7 after that everything is at least 12, MA is 15 and Swords is 21. Been quite fond of my Perfect Skullblade, though I just found a halberd in a random map that might be pretty fun.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, that is true - playing alone in MSC is brutal. Orc4dead in particular is designed to require you to have someone at your side to rescue one another from the pouncers and lshamans (though in the case of the pouncers, we've been having some mixed success). A pet wolf and/or summons may help here though.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
You should reread my previous post carefully! :wink:

The hint links you to 3 new maps, one of them drops one of the spells you asked for, drop chance might be 100% on this one but i'm not sure. So you should look into each of them once, clear them out and if you manage to find the hidden chest in one of those maps, you will likely get it!

Then the other spell drops in a map from 2007 or so i believe, it's not part of those 3 in the link.

CmdrQuartz

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Well I think I need to get my family a bit more involved since it's just me even having one extra person, pouncers and shamans aside, would greatly improve my survivability... and loot too!

I mostly completed orc_for, only one boss I didn't down. I got pretty quickly overwhelmed by an angry flaming skeleton of some sort on the one map and they're both the same level range so I can't imagine the other one being much better. Probably run through orc_for for a while and hope I stumble upon them or otherwise level up my skills to venture into those other places.