The Book of Cratho, the Final Accounts of a Torkalath Priest

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
There are many accounts of Torkalath's power growing too strong, of chaos reigning supreme and a mighty warrior rising up to strike light into the heart of darkness. While these stories may be true, albeit fairly embelished with fantasy, they only tell half the story of the eons. The truth is, Torkalath is not evil, nor is he the only one in this plane causing imbalance. Now that I think about it, perhaps it's because when Torkalath's followers are given free reign, they work towards the betterment of themselves, forsaking society. When Felewyn's followers are given free reign, they work towards society, forsaking themselves. Perhaps it is because of this that Felewyn's order tends to record when one of their own must strike down some opposing force and hide when one of their own must be stricken down. Hopefully this account will be different, will live on through all of this.

I apologize for my ramblings. I suppose in someone's final hours, lacking someone to talk to, they must either talk to themselves or to the paper. Either way, they get more reflective and philosophical, or maybe that's just how I see myself.

There I go again. Alright, I will focus. Between giving into urges to find what is truly me and expose the Felewyn order as something other than the "right" path. Ironically, this goes against that idea of putting myself above others, but I think Torkalath will understand.

Selvar of Palafour, the elf who started it all. It was his military prowess and his ability to charm all in sight that lead him to almost squash all of Torkalath's guilds beneath his heel.

(To be continued)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
ms_wheel_of_morality2.gif
Version 2.0

My own lore butchering efforts are sorely behind scheduel. :/

• Admin

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I'm well aware of what happens when Felewyn becomes too powerful - That's why I'm writing this. I don't think most people understand why there needs to be balance and not just her in control.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, primary objective on my end as newly elected MSC/MSS lore lead, is to get from this crap:
ye_old_wheel_of_morality2.gif
To (the previously linked) this:
ms_wheel_of_morality2.gif

Cuz as the current wheel goes, there's no real balance, or even a really viable conflict, nevermind the redundancy built into the original setup. Also help gets away from this "too much good is bad" bit, and head towards, rather, the more realistic and less self-contradictory, "too much chaos or too much order is bad, but an ever lasting balance equates to eternal stagnation."

Problem is, it is going to involve major gutting of various bits of mythology, and there's going to be a lot of retroactive changes that may lead to confusion, thus the need to solidify the in-game lore via those books, if we can, so we have a concrete mythological lineup, rather than simply add to all the contradictions that we already have.

*sigh* So busy though. I kinda wrote up the first two books (The Book of Fate and The Book of Creation), but I dun like the way the third one went (The Book of Blood). First two were easier, as they kinda take place over eons and aren't very personable (all very Genesis biblical, war-of-the-gods type stuff), where the third book takes place in "just" two hundred years and crams a lot of personal interaction in. (You know me, I'm "big picture guy" - details fsk with me.)