Tentadrilus on: Adobe, Student Discounts and UK Weather

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
So basically, Macromedia got eaten by Adobe as 101% of the internet knows (apart from the -1% who're secretly small children) who then proceeded to release 'Adobe Macromedia' CS3 which consists of this many programs. They decide to sell said amount for 600 bloody freaking English pound sterlings ($bankbreaking and €bankrupting. <3 conversion rates) each. So then comes my brother, who is at university. Now for some reason, all university students get massive discounts off this kind of thing, thus reducing the price from £over nine thousand to a meager £125, with a load of stuff bolted on. His occupation is student, but technically mine is too. Why can't non-uni studens get this kind of thing too? :evil: This was a brain vent.

Students seem to save thousands of monies. Sure, that's because most of them are supposed to be broke, and I can understand that. I can't wait to get to university, as I am looking forward to becoming a translator. That, and I can get discounts off McDonalds and a free McFlurry. How can I resist? I'm thinner than an atom divided by zero, but still remarkably alive.

This doesn't bring me onto my next point at all. Global warming. It's the word that makes environmentalists cringe and the government change the subject. Now I'm going to get a bit deep here, probably, but knowing me I'll probably forget what I'm talking about around about now. Anywho, according to various people the UK is going to get colder, while others say that the UK is just going to have hotter summers and harsher winters. Also, London's going to get flooded or something rediculous. Why can't we just stay how we are? Winters are cold enough and we had a horrid heatwave last year. Why can't we go and melt the icecaps ourselves and get it over with!? WHY!? GAHRHRAUITYAIOTYOAWIUAYSYARHVAWRAORARVNAWPRVA

If you have an opinion on student discounts, Adobramedia or the weather in the UK, feel free to complain/comment/complaimment (mix between the two) here.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
student discounts are sweet, its how I got windows vista business version for free :D Though it does depend on the school and it does depend on the deals they have with the software makers. My school just so happen to have a deal with Microsoft that all students can have access (for free) to any off there big products, minus a few. So I could get windows XP pro and Vista business serials for free, along with office.

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Wow, that's really awesome. You should grab Office 2007 Enterprise, if you can stand the shinyness.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Yeah, Microsoft and Adobe seem to be generous, but f*cking Apple hardly gives a discount. Have them lop about $600 off a decent MacBook for students...But then again, I just realized I don't want an Apple, cause it takes about 35 minutes to put 300MB onto a USB drive. If their computers have so much processing power and cutting-edge technology, then how come something as simple and essential as a USB port is bottlenecking to hell? Working with three OS's (XP Pro at home, and Vista Corporate and Leopard[I'm pretty sure]), I'd say that if I had to get a new OS...I'd probably get Vista...But only cause my computer can handle it :D
Also, I think Aero is better looking than Leopard, so f*ck all those who said otherwise.

/rant

Drigien

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Blasto121 said:
My school just so happen to have a deal with Microsoft that all students can have access (for free) to any off there big products, minus a few.
Yeah, my school has that too, but you have to be enrolled in a Math or CS course to get access. Which is just about everyone.

Sabre said:
Yeah, Microsoft and Adobe seem to be generous, but f*cking Apple hardly gives a discount. Have them lop about $600 off a decent MacBook for students.

Don't they give a base 10% discount for university students? and if you sign up for their Developer Something or other you can get like 20% off. My friend just did this and saved him like $500+ from normal price (was like $2100, and he paid like $1500 + $100 to sign up to be a developer which comes with other free stuff.)

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Discount is about $100 for MacBooks and $200 for the Pros.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
thats about the only discount mac will give, fact any retail outlet that sells mac can not change the price at all. Even if the company that is selling would loose money on it they can not drop the price. That would be a breech of contract and apple wouldn't let them sell there products anymore. Mac has an oddly tight grip on all of its applications, speaking of tight grip this reminds me of a letter I read...

here look for yourself