Suggestion/Rant about Golden Platemail Helmet

Veltex

New Adventurer
Heroes of Dawn
Shadows of Torkalath
Reaction score
w0VI0mY.jpg

The only golden part of it is the gilded area for the eye opening and even the knight's helmet has that!

The darn thing is just slightly brighter and has a emblem on it's forehead!

So here's what I suggest to fix it and make it more unique;

1: change the texture to match Lord Vecilus' Armor RZxzpHy.png

2 (optional): add a few more polys and give it a Winged Great Helm effect DYKLTHd.png

also the Corrodinator should've been modeled like this: tiKtOVp.gif

/rant

I'm pretty sure modelers are very scarce here and believe me, if I could model/texture I would.

Fegged

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Totally agree, even tho it's been years and everyone knows about it.

As most people are slowly progressing to max out, they tend to customize their characters alot for "style" (Which in my case is Gladiator Armor and Strawhat). Going for a gold-themed style there should also be a golden helmet colored gold not like a plain old helmet.

About the Winged Helmets i kinda can't agree that much, as long as they don't hit the poly limit. Ofc we would need another modeler to do so

Veltex

New Adventurer
Heroes of Dawn
Shadows of Torkalath
Reaction score
Rideon said:
As most people are slowly progressing to max out, they tend to customize their characters alot for "style" (Which in my case is Gladiator Armor and Strawhat).

The very reason as to why I made this post.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
That winged helmet looks retarded, remove the "red feathers" and it will become a much better thing for looks imo.

As for the golden helmet stuff, there are other things with priority right now, not that i mind it having a new texture, it's just that the developing needs to be focused on more important stuff right now. You could always try and learn how to put textures into models, a few people from the community learnt it and started doing some nifty stuff with the currently existing models.

Veltex

New Adventurer
Heroes of Dawn
Shadows of Torkalath
Reaction score
zeus9860 said:
That winged helmet looks retarded
PLkYIAA.jpg

zeus9860 said:
remove the "red feathers" and it will become a much better thing for looks imo.
is this any better?
yw9M6wv.jpg

zeus9860 said:
As for the golden helmet stuff, there are other things with priority right now, not that i mind it having a new texture, it's just that the developing needs to be focused on more important stuff right now. You could always try and learn how to put textures into models, a few people from the community learnt it and started doing some nifty stuff with the currently existing models.

if I can find the textures for Lord V's armor and 'Golden' Helmet, i'll forward them to a few people who could probably at the very least try to replicate Lord V's armor texture pallet and retexture the Golden Helmet.

Veltex

New Adventurer
Heroes of Dawn
Shadows of Torkalath
Reaction score
Thanks!

Will forward to a friend so he can get to work on it.

Veltex

New Adventurer
Heroes of Dawn
Shadows of Torkalath
Reaction score
original:
izGGENB.png
mine:
Q0DMMFu.png

Friend bailed out and said it was 'too hard' so I took matters into my own hand.

Saved as a 8 bit .bmp but what do I do to replace the existing texture in-game so I can see the end results?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
To do it proper, you'd have to recompile the model - which is complicated - but you can do it with JHLMV, which, depending on how the texture clipping went, probably won't fusk it up.

Keep in mind, when you're done, I'll need the full 8-bit bmp, and not any you may have exported from JHLMV, as it may clip it.

Veltex

New Adventurer
Heroes of Dawn
Shadows of Torkalath
Reaction score
Thothie said:
To do it proper, you'd have to recompile the model - which is complicated - but you can do it with JHLMV, which, depending on how the texture clipping went, probably won't fusk it up.

Keep in mind, when you're done, I'll need the full 8-bit bmp, and not any you may have exported from JHLMV, as it may clip it.

Imported my edited texture and it seems to work perfectly fine.
pMxeM9F.png

here ya go!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Veltex said:
This link does not seem to be correct - perhaps it is your account link, rather than the shared link?

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Well, that was fast. Now all that is missing is that "winged helmet". :wink:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yes, this will work, integrated...

MS:C community said:
Thothie said:
Tip of the day: Solokiller's remake of Half-Life Model Viewer.

No more crash/hang-on-close. For the other boatload of fixes and added features, see the page.
...and that helps too.

Just wish their "attachments" panel did something. There's few things more frustratingly time consuming than trying to get an attachment into the right position through trial and error.

Phosphorcracker

New Adventurer
Reaction score
For your corrodinator image

Yeah better copy andariels visage so we have another stolen model to worry about... Blizzard has quite the habit in shooting the balls of ppl not respecting their copyright.

I am sure you knew that. I agree that wearing a demon skull is fashionable.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The coordinator isn't a skull though... Also, it predates DIablo 3 by a decade.

Phosphorcracker

New Adventurer
Reaction score
For one Andariels Visage was also present in Diablo 2 what would date their claim to 2000, it doesnt always matter who was first. If they decide its their intellectual knowledge they will find a way to push that through. Not that they would bother with us anyway.

I just wanted to make a semi funny point on the origin of the idea behind the reference image. I wouldnt complain if someone puts effort into making a rad helmet for msc.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
But that doesn't look anything like our Coordinator either... Or do you mean someone proposed a reference image I'm not seeing?

Actually, the current Coordinator itself is on the list of suspect models, but it's Bioware suspect, rather than Blizzard suspect.

I do know the winged helmet linked in the top post is of Mount&Blade (Paradox) origin though.

edit: Oh wait...
Veltex said:
also the Corrodinator should've been modeled like this: tiKtOVp.gif
...missed that.

Meh, skull with horns helmet is hardly copyrightable material, provided the design is original. Dun think I have anything like that laying around though. I suppose it might be possible to rip and tweak the skull and goat horns from the new dragon shield, but beyond my meager abilities.

Phosphorcracker

New Adventurer
Reaction score
you are right that its probably not copyrighted. like i said i was making a semi funny point not to be taken entirely serious.
Anyway i tried for about 3 hours to get my head around Blender reproducing anything remotely close to a helmet and horribly failed. Iam not meant to be a modeler it seems.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Meh, I can't do dick with Blender or any of those 3dsMax inspired modeling programs either... I can use Milkshape, as I suppose the interface is more intuitive to me, but I'm pretty pathetic even with that.