Strange problem with lights

Kevintoxxx

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new in this community but I 've been playing this game A long time ago... near the beginning well direc to the problem (cuestion):

since steam retirement the video option D3D I can not play the mod happily as it used to do because darknes, spell, light etc.
LAGme has hell and my ping go to 1000!! i try the command ''r_dynamic 0'' but it does not work online is only Singleplayer command my pc have all the drivers 10/10 and work good wit new games like skyrim...anyway if there is any command o delete som file o extension to exec master sword I will be forever grateful :p

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Engrish...

I'm guessing you have either an odd AMD or Intel GMA graphics card. These tend to have problems with dynamic lightning in legacy OpenGL. Thus, yes, Skyrim and some newer games may run fine, while MSC will run like crap.

r_dynamic 0 should work in multiplayer in MSC (if not in standard Half-Life), but it may not get all the dynamic lights.

Other things you can do are listed in the thread yonder:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3004

Sadly, Dogg disabled DirectX support back in 2005, and none of our coders have managed to find a way to restore it since.