Some of the lore in Edana is wrong

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
At the Temple of Urdual in Edana Sembelbin apparently has a huge mouthful of stuff to say about msc. However, when you inquire about [The Age of Blood] Sembelbin says that the age ended 'with the return of the prophet pathos' and the 'rise of the apostle lanethan'. But this is not even remotely how things occur in the actual text. Pathos returns and Lanethan becomes an apostle (He was one of the original ones) literally Eons before Lor Malgoriand is even born.

I feel that deserves to be pointed out (and fixed).

Snow Wolf

New Adventurer
Reaction score
While we're talking about lore, sembelbin etc pp.
I'd like to know a bit more about Runegahr and Shadahar.
I've asked Sembelbin and the wiki, but all they know about Rungahr is, that he's in that palace with his other Shaddahar Orcs

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It's a wiki - you fix the spelling. :p

Sembelbin has a lot to say about Shadahar the necromancer. Touches on bits of the tribe, but not much.

Some Random Thread of Drama said:
Thothie said:
TheOysterHippopotami said:
What is the story behind the shad orcs? Who is Shadahar?
Ya know... I'm sure I ran over the Shahaddar back-story around here somewhere... But the search, it fails me.

Long story short, before the Age of Blood started, there was a vile wizard named Shahaddar and a "somewhat unbalanced" Urdualian priest, named Zalon, who was obsessed with his destruction. Zalon did finally imprison Shahaddar, but at cost of his own life.

Shahaddar had created, up until then, a series of hide outs and strongholds, the largest surviving of which was Shahaddar Palace, hidden deep in the Aluhandra desert. Many sought the palace for the untold power and treasures held within, but none found it.

Cut to the end of the Age of Blood, when Lor Malgoriand was destroyed. The orc armies were splintered, and in many cases, divided by what remained of The Wall and the elven kingdom - and this was combined with the complication that all their undead allies were suddenly out of control. A large contingent of these orcs, lead by Runegahr, were forced to retreat deep into the Aluhandra desert, and after many months, came upon the magical remains of Shahaddar Palace (for sake of an explanation as to what happened to the Borsh, it maybe that this tribe were them, although I think the original intention was to just strike them from the mythology altogether.)

The weakened orc tribe was forced to hide within the Shahaddar Palace walls for years, fearing detection by the victorious armies arrayed against them. But during that time, the magic of the palace seeped into their bodies, and slowly changed them. The orcs also discovered many magical artifacts hidden within the palace, and learned of their ways. The shamans among the orcs were able to adapt the power as their own, and several of them, in addition to Runegahr, managed to find ways to cheat death (or at least the comparatively short life cycles their creator had granted them). Eventually, the whole tribe was so thoroughly imbued with this power that they became the strongest in all the lands.

But upon finally leaving the palace, the tribe discovered that their newfound powers weakened the further they traveled from it. As such, they confine themselves primarily to the desert surrounding the palace, and have dubbed their tribe, the Shahaddar Orc tribe.

(And if that's the short version, I'd hate to see the long version... >_>)

Suffice to say, Chief Runegahr has tried to put a leash on his people, realizing their position is somewhat vulnerable, should the surrounding kingdoms see his people as a threat. He has instead tried to dedicate his tribe to unlocking more of Shahaddar's secrets, and, to some extent, offer peace to his neighbors. This "peace and study" routine does not sit well with orcish nature, however. They were, after all, bred for war. Thus, the elder Runegahr finds himself in constant contention with the younger members of his tribe, and is faced with the conundrum of having always to dictate from a position of undeniable brute force, while attempting to 'civilize' his people. Most notable among these is the contention between himself and his increasingly popular second in command, Thuldahr.

Semblbin said:
"Shadahar was a feared necromancer just prior to the [Age of Blood]."
"Though his more ambitious activities were kept in check by the forces of order, that were so prevalent at the time, he built many great palaces."
"These were necropolises, where he stored armies of the dead, and other abominations, as he lie in wait for an age when he could rise to power."
"Before his dreams could be realized, however, he was imprisoned by the Xyphemox Zahlon Erste."
"His greatest palace, a hall of great majesty hidden somewhere in the Aluhandra desert, lay abandon for centuries."
"But at the end of the [Age of Blood], the Borsh [orc] tribe, having been soundly defeated by the [elves], took refuge within its walls."
"As they bided their time there, they were soon infected with its power."
"Their chief, the immortal Runegahr, together with his shamans, unlocked many of the necromancer's secrets."
"Under their chief's guidance, these enchanted orcs have become the most powerful in all the lands, and thus renamed themselves the tribe of Shadahar."
"Thankfully, however, they rarely wander very far from their home of Shadahar, for it is the source of their power."

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5's MS:C names quiz!
Find the correct names:

1A: Shadahar
1B: Shaddahar
1C: Shahadar
1D: Shahaddar

2A: Runhegar
2B: Ruhnegar
2C: Runegahr
2D: Runeghar

3A: Maldohra
3B: Maldora
3C: Malodra
3D: Mahldora

4A: Zalohn Erste
4B: Zahlon Erste
4C: Zalhon Erste
4D: Zalon Erste

5A: Ihitor
5B: Ihotor
5C: Ihitohr
5D: Ihotohr

6A: Karaztorant
6B: Karazthorant
6C: Kharaztorant
6D: Kharazthorant

7A: Talnorga
7B: Talnorgah
7C: Talnorgha
7D: Talnorghah

8A: Ji-Azolt
8B: Ji-azolt
8C: Ji'Azolt
8D: Ji'azolt

9A: Charthane
9B: Chartane
9C: Carthane
9D: Cartane

10A: Thotie
10B: Toothie
10C: Thothie
10D: Tohthie

(yes I was bored)

Drathamus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:

I don't even know #4 or #7... never seen 'em. Wild guess.

Bordoga

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Drathamus said:
J-M v2.5.5 said:

I don't even know #4 or #7... never seen 'em. Wild guess.

Well I know that "Zahlon Erste" has something to do with the glowing ring :D
but nothing comes to mind at the #7