N1ghtmare

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
ID: Steam_0:0:2045505
Slot: 1
Time: May 11th. last possible rollback before 8am PST
Reason: Fshard didn't spawn after boss was defeated. I'd like to get my symbols back if possible.

thanks in advance

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Assuming the forums are still up, I need to get a look at your character's quest data and figure out what caused this first, as I've not gotten a report from ye in regards to that.

Again, ". quest f" in console (sans quotes) and tell me what it returns, should you get to it before I do.

N1ghtmare

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Assuming the forums are still up, I need to get a look at your character's quest data and figure out what caused this first, as I've not gotten a report from ye in regards to that.

Again, ". quest f" in console (sans quotes) and tell me what it returns, should you get to it before I do.

Hey Thothie, thanks for responding man. I responded to your ". quest f" request earlier via the bug reports for the may patch on Wed May 12, 2010 7:13 pm, but I'll post it here as well so everything regarding my char is in one spot. Anyways when I logged on and typed ". quest f" it said "quest f is" My char currently has no symbols since I had used them @ sfor so I figured thats why it was blank. I had Dridje type it as well and it said something along the lines of " quest f is sym1 sym2 sym3 sym4 sym5" something like that. I know he has a set of symbols right now so it makes sense that quest f displayed the current symbols in his possession. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Alright, done. Last time I'm doing this for this particular issue though. I strongly suggest gathering players with symbols to split the effort between you, thus reducing the effort and loss should it fail.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Alright, done. Last time I'm doing this for this particular issue though. I strongly suggest gathering players with symbols to split the effort between you, thus reducing the effort and loss should it fail.
...thus increasing the chance that the server will crash due to all the beams, roaming monsters, randomly joining players, Undamael triggers, forcefields, spawning fire horrors and other active entities.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Meh, need to give him some trick to make him unsolo'able obviously.

Map shouldn't be very crashy though. The force fields are just three func_walls tied to a multi_manager. Two to four horrors shouldn't add much overhead. Shouldn't be much in the way of other monsters on the map, assuming players aren't roaming around elsewhere. Undamael himself is a pretty complicated two part beast, but he only runs two beams at any given time, and doesn't even have the full AI. I've *heard* of it crashing, but have yet to see it on any of my watches.

N1ghtmare

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Thothie said:

Thank you very much Master Thoth! By the way, I did ". quest f" again This time is says quest f is sym1; sym5; sym4; sym2; sym3. I have all my symbols once again too :)

Marisa

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I only joined a fight against him a good while ago, so I'm not sure if undy has them, but if he has any of the homing controller balls or something directly derivative of it, that would make players, the map, and the server unstable in a multiplayer setting.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Doesn't have any AI guided missiles... Attacks are a giant flaming ball (straight forward impact AOE projectile), flaming breath, dark energy eye lasers ("pew pew"), single-beam lighting strike, and summoning elder horrors (up to 4 alive at a time), in addition to the standard "I headbutt you with my horn" attack. He's supposed to have an "I bite you and drag you into the lava" attack, but never implemented it, as I couldn't think of a good way to make it counter-able/avoidable.

Thinking now of having him latch onto a player for a bit, and require another player to free you within 10 seconds or so, or he drags you into the lava. but I still can't think of a good way to align the models properly without risking mishaps (eg. player released above lava, or released inside wall).

Might help a *bit* to delete all the monster spawns on the map when he spawns, but again, he's operating pretty clean, and in the new version of Sfor, beasties only show up in the areas you crossed, so long as no one goes wandering too far...

Still need to setup his location change system for nightmare_sfor as well.