Rollback Request x2

Flay

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Flay STEAM_0:1:6396420 Slot 2
Buff STEAM_0:0:11358782 Slot 2

no items and 5 hp.
Happened transitioning from edana to tundra. Only happened with the character we transitioned with.
rollback to an hour or so ago.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Done. (Sorry for delay... RL.)

So, thus far... Requires multiple players... Requires map transition... Seems to drop your character file size down to around 1.39k... Keeps gold. Also seems to drop you down to 5hp, rather than the newer default 15hp... First instance under Jan2013 testing. Hrmmm...

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
It could have something to do with the new glow... idk.

Or it could be certain servers doing this stuff, when it happened to me, it was a listen 5/6 slot server.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The glow system is entirely client side and doesn't save anything, so doesn't seem likely. More recent changes to the array system are likely out, as the array system itself post dates the save system, and similarly, doesn't save. The quest bank is bringing character sizes to unprecedented levels, but the expansions to said were in well before this started with no such problem, and it wouldn't explain why every character in the transition gets nuked. Memory dealloc on map transitions has been with us since the beginning of time, but never caused this sorta character nuking before...

*sigh* Still got nuttin. I need to take a closer look at one of these nuked characters and see what survives besides gold. Meanwhile, all I can think to do is to extend the reconnect delay to something closer to its previous delay - maybe see if I can make it work with that old cvar again.