Rollback please, getting reliable channel overflowed error

Slaytanic_pb

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
Requested rollback date - Mar.10 11pm (timezone is +8GST)

ID - STEAM_0:1:4256750 - slot 1

I hope it's not too late to ask for a rollback. I used the request rollback page on the MSC homepage, twice on the 12th and 13th, but nothing has happened so far.

I don't know if it's possible to edit the characters inventory and just take out the extra potions of forgetfullness and mana I've got about 8-9 extra of each, heck you could get rid of all those potions. I'd prefer the edit over the rollback, but if I had to chose I'd take the rollback if that meant getting my character back.

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
everytime you get the overflow error... you have a chance to save him!!!

go to the map char_recover and drop excess stuff

i was loading up on arrows one time and i got the error, but i was able to save him with that map!

it'll probably cause too much confusion to fix it yourself now tho... so wait for the rollback :)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, so much for no restore requests from overflow this month. At least this is the first, usually I get four or five a week.

I'll get on it. Was it not giving you the little warning?

Characters can't be edited, only rolled back (seems they are encrypted too well).

I also don't see any other restore requests from you here... If they came via the front page requester, I've just about given up on that. There's far too much spam coming from it, and my mail reader can't seem to filter it all to the appropriate boxes, so I'm going to remove the account from it. Only Lord K and Fuzzy himself will restore you from there - assuming they see your legit request through the 3000 spam messages, which I doubt.

edit: Done.

Slaytanic_pb

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
Sweet, I got my character back!!!

Mario, I did try the char_recovery map and I still couldn't load my character... Thanks for the input, I should have said I tried that...

That's too bad that character editing is not possible. I can understand that you don't want poeple starting their own server and editing their characters, but I figure FN characters would be near impossible to hack. But then how do you keep 2 types of charcter formats... I just had an idea, if you had the FN server encrypt the characters on the fly and made everyone elses server encrypt by default, you could edit characters on FN. But I guess that would be too much work... I'm not complaining thou, I got what I really wanted.
:D

charcolishen

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Slaytanic_pb said:
That's too bad that character editing is not possible. I can understand that you don't want people starting their own server and editing their characters..

If the editing was possible serverside, it could allow better map testing (combat with map flaws mainly) for those with no access to [FN] characters. But then again, I have the feeling that it's not allowed due to it being exploitable in some way and/or the characters are somewhat complexly encrypted..

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
there was alot of cheating in previous versions of MSC using a program called ArtMoney, this is why they are so heavily encrypted now - to allow the game to be more fair.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
There's also plenty of test characters for map testing, not to mention the entire FN database, which gives you more accurate map testing than any edited characters ever could - being chalk full of honest to gods characters and all. ;)

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
yeah...but i wish i could bind a key to say "these are not your real characters, they are FN backups stored on my server"

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
bind x "say_text 0 these are not your real characters, they are FN backups stored on my server"

or bind x "rcon say these are not your real characters, they are FN backups stored on my server"

...or stick it in your MOTD.

...wish granted. ;)

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
It IS in the MOTD, I believe, plus, he knows how to bind keys :p

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
last time i tried to bind a key to say things in MSC it didn't do anything :\

i'll try that though...in the next test of bloodrose >_>

pimpsta

New Adventurer
God of War
Reaction score
I have gotten 2 overflow this week. Maybe that is why I lost my scrolls. But eventually I will find it again...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
pimpsta said:
I have gotten 2 overflow this week. Maybe that is why I lost my scrolls. But eventually I will find it again...

If your character overflows, you lose everything, cuz your character won't load afterwards.

Suspect there is some other overflow error going on around here, just not on my server for some reason. ><

evilsquirrel said:
last time i tried to bind a key to say things in MSC it didn't do anything :\

Ya have to either use say through the rcon (server say text) or use "say_text 0 blah" as MSC does not use the standard say command. Don't put quotes around your say_text text or the console will try to parse it as more than one command.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
The bugs are learning, Thothie. They know that they'll get squished if they come to your server. They've become organized! OMFG THEY WILL TAKE OVER US ALL!!

[/sanity]