Rollback Please!

Hammer

New Adventurer
Reaction score
My character's name is Destruction, in slot 1. My Steam ID is STEAM_0:1:6256923. How far you roll it back really doesn't matter, as long as it's not like, two months ago or something... I haven't played for a while.

I was on another server, trying to find a decent map to get my skills up for using the new equipment I got from a friend, so that we'd be more prepared to do a couple of equipment runs. I quit from one of the servers, and joined another... it seemed the character select lagged when I loaded in, as I heard a noise repeat over and over. When it stopped, my character turned from a nicely armored and armed hero... to a village bumpkin. His health is at 5, mana at its starting amount, all skills reset, and ALL OF MY STUFF IS GONE. Eeeek! I of course, restarted the game to see if it was just a small glitch, but no, it's definitely, without a doubt, all gone. It happened today at about 3:00 PM -6 Central GMT. As I said, it doesn't matter too much how far you roll it back, as I kept it quite inactive for roughly... a year. A rollback to yesterday would probably be perfect.

Please roll it back when you get the chance, this is the first rollback request I've had to made (hopefully the last!), and I'm nervous of never having my stuff back. :(

P.S: I don't know how these work, if I'm notified by email or something when it's done. Please let me know when the character has been rolled back. Thank you! :)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
My we're on a roll today...

Again, likely there was someone with you at the time who had the same experience, please send them this way.

It's a bug caused by something the Steam Pipe update did to the way servers unload and/or shutdown. It rarely happens, but we've been dealing with it for quite some time. Still no solution though. :\

Only work around I can think of is to have all but one player disconnect during a map transition (which is the same thing we used to do for a related bug, ages ago, before Steam Pipe killed our fix for said bug.)

In any case, done. Shouldn't have lost more than a few hours.