re-skinned leather/studded Leather

Jeremiah

New Adventurer
Reaction score
hey there,

first post for me in these forums! i'm pretty new to ms:c but i like it quiet much already. out of boredom i tried myself in reskinning, never really tried that before i gotta say. i re-skinned the leather (wich is also hide?) and the studded leather armor since those are the ones i'm able to wear right now :D
here are some screens how they now look like, maybe gonna add some ingamers later. if you guys like em i maybe gonna try other re-skins too. gotta say no handrawn textures just cheap googled pics pohotoshoppedtogether to something looking like an armor. well enuff talk now. here they are.

hide/leather:
hideleather03xo3.jpg

studded leather:
studdedleather03is3.jpg

ingame:
leatherhideingamexn3.jpg

download:
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/7/11/123188/p_armorvest.mdl

UPDATE: i darkened the skins a little bit since they looked way too bright with ingame lighting and i probably gonna dark em even more they still look kinda too bright (finaly added an ingame picture). picture and download links already up to date.

file goes into:
C:\ProgramFiles\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\[email protected]\half-life\msc\models\armor

Red Cell

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Wow that looks pretty sweet. I wonder if we can add these to the mod?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
They look very good, but not really like boar/cow leather. Looks more like a Dragon Skin vest, or something of the sort. Could use this for the FireLizard >_>

Jeremiah

New Adventurer
Reaction score
the texture is from a common leather armor tho . and i'd make the dragon armor look some more unique than this.

dc-667a.jpg

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Not too bad...What you could do to improve your skin is;
-Make the 'mesh' consistent(there's the shadow thangs in the middle, dunno if that was intentional)
-Decontrast the buckles at top; they seem to be a tad brighter, but it's enough to make them look distinctly separate.

Figure those out, and I'd say you're onto something ;)
Good luck :D

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Oh, and double post for one more thing;
Make sure you look at it ingame, with a high level glow on it...This is how most people will view your skin.

Jeremiah

New Adventurer
Reaction score
yeah noticed the buckles already but i was too lazy too fix em right away :p
and no the dark area in the middle of the torso was not intentional i tried to make it look somewhat nicer (btw hl model viewer kinda makes the textures look somewhat different than the texture file itself i think o_O). pictures and file already updated. thx for the feedback!

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
The layering may be fine, but it is more red than brown =\

Jeremiah

New Adventurer
Reaction score
hm dunno i like the colors but i gonna try altering them into somewhat more brownish. just one prob, when i try to lay a brown layer over the whole texture in photshop it becomes even more redish - naturaly. but when i use a brighter tone same thing happens. how to dye it into the selected color without mixing it up with the texture color? man i hope you guys actually understand what i mean xD

Wrath

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Simply amazing work this should be implemented in the next update! :D

Jeremiah

New Adventurer
Reaction score
aaaww man i didn't expect that much positive feedback right away =D
i'm glad you guys like it :)