Quest bugs? *Possible spoilers*

Anomie

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hi, i'm pretty new to this game, but when I try to turn in a quest dealing with Tristan, the next step won't trigger, or he won't reward me. For example after giving him evidence he said to take this thing he found on a dead body but I received nothing. And when I turned a map in and went to the thornlands to check for the thieves they weren't there. Am I doing something wrong?

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The thief map is on another map, and even then is spawns randomly. All you get for this quest is about 50 gold

You have better chances of getting a great sword on thornalds and selling it.

Anomie

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Oh my question wasn't about where to get the thieves' map. I already found it, it was after turning it in and being told to go hunt down bandits in X area, there were none to be found. And i still can't get him to give me this riddle solving device even after doing the mayor quest 3 times now.

Anomie

New Adventurer
Reaction score
well you said don't sweat the thief quest too much, but is the item I'm supposed to be getting for the mayor quest important at all?

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I didnt know tristan had a quest other than returning the thief map :oops:

Anomie

New Adventurer
Reaction score
It seems to be that you can turn the evidence into either the captain, or Tristan in the alley. Give a try for yourself if you'd like. But if an old member such as yourself hasn't done this quest then it's probably not tied to anything important.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Most of the quests around Edana are training quests, worth only a smidgen of money, just so you learn how to do basic NPC interaction. If you talk to the town constable in Deralia, however, you may find you can get a some what better award for bringing the thief in alive, rather than dead.