Parts of the new reward system...

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
...are really good.

In two bloodrose runs (both with a total of four players), I got a spare cobra skin vest and a rune blade of affliction, some other dude got a poison cloud scroll, but about twenty minutes ago the coolest thing ever happened.

I was playing foutpost with Fadda, Sir_Killerlot and Veil. We beat the map and the game was like:
LAWL U HAV BEEN CHOOSEN
So I went to the artifact chest and
ZING! Chain lightning tome.
I'm like "wow damn, nice" and the others walk in and start grabbing stuff from the normal chest. I walked out of the armory but Sir_Killerlot said something like "there's still something in the artifact chest for somebody?" so I went back in and
ZING! Chain lightning scroll.
So Sir_Killerlot is like "ROFL" and I'm like "bahahahahaha" because that stupidass chest gave me TWO CLs, a tome and a scroll.

But because I'm a nice guy and don't need them, I gave them both away, as well as the spare rune blade of affliction and the cobra skin vest.

"I be dishin' out rares, yo."

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I also played foutpost with Humming Bird and Jakio, did most of the work but when we got to the chests it wasn't me who got the artifact chest. Isn't it supposed to choose the one who worked hardest?

scooby3219

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
true jelly was the highest in that map. we never saw no chain lightning though. all i got was some bolts and a pouch of 100 gold. beware of holy bolts they dont work on orcs

Mikkel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
Erm No looters in foutpost then the rare/good/artifact chest dissapear

DarkWarrior

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ya foutpost is kind of weird, cause everytime i do it i get cl scroll cl tome and flamelick. One time i did all of the map and a higher lvl came in and got the chest which isnt fair :oldangry: .

[FSM]Higgins

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Speaking of artifact chests... does maldora drop one? And if not does more players affect his chest because... me and monster have killed that mother like .. 20 times and he hasnt dropped phoenix armor... and the only time he dropped fire lizard it bugged.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
There's no artifact chest, SFAIK. Phoenix requires the players to have 400+ hp to be included in the "More players == better chances" thing, and even with a server full of people, it's still pretty rare ;-)

Humming Bird

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Meh, I suggest that for artifacts chest you should somehow calculate in damage done to the boss.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
There are some problem with that, though. For one, if you did most of the work GETTING to the boss, that doesn't work (I often start my server on maps and get most of the way to the boss before people join me). If you were killing off minions rather than the boss (like in the_keep or wicard), it wouldn't work. And there also would probably be problems if you got disconnected during the fight. I suppose that last one depends on how well Thothie programs it, if he does >_>

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Lol J-M, same thing happened to me TWICE! Got 2 extra scrolls and tomes...

Also, its not the highest LEVEL its the most HP.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
So Sir_Killerlot is like "ROFL" and I'm like "bahahahahaha" because that stupidass chest gave me TWO CLs, a tome and a scroll.

Yeah, the chest is supposed to give out BOTH a scroll and a tome (or rather, it has a good chance that it may, if there are enough players present).

However, it is not supposed to give them both to the same person! ><

It's supposed to give the first item it picks to the most worthy person, the next item to the next most worthy, and so on and so forth, until it's rolled the chances for all its items, then vanish.

Meh, tis why I didn't put those artifact chests everywhere at once, I figured it'd take awhile to work out the chinks, as they are rather complicated.

I werz considering altering the in-chest gold system to offer one new bag of gold of the requisite size to each player who reached it, thus prevent the player who reached it first from raping all the team's gold (as would happen quite often in say, mscaves - where it takes quite a long time to get from place to place). Might, kinda semi-nerf the multi-player encouragement, but it would also make sure everyone got their due, or at least a share of gold.

Also, its not the highest LEVEL its the most HP
Most Artifact Chests go by HP - a few however, go by a particular skill.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
[FSM]Higgins said:
Speaking of artifact chests... does maldora drop one? And if not does more players affect his chest because... me and monster have killed that mother like .. 20 times and he hasnt dropped phoenix armor... and the only time he dropped fire lizard it bugged.
The Man In Black said:
There's no artifact chest, SFAIK. Phoenix requires the players to have 400+ hp to be included in the "More players == better chances" thing, and even with a server full of people, it's still pretty rare
Man, I am so amazingly glad that I farmed Maldora before the new patch.

Thothie said:
zing.gif
zing.gif
zing.gif
zing.gif
zing.gif

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
Thothie said:
zing.gif
zing.gif
zing.gif
zing.gif
zing.gif
Hey, if I can get five zings for *that* little bug, you've obviously not been paying attention. I'm sure I got some other bugs worth 30 or 50 zings each by that scale. ;)

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
That is quite true, I have not been paying attention.

Because contrary to what you might think, Thothie, I do not hunt for exploits.

[FSM]Higgins

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ah some chests go on different skills you say? Is it kinda random or... are there a couple that go like... (Acid cloud drops for higher SC... GiB drops for higher sword skills?)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
At the moment, it's rather limited, in that each artifact chest has its own qualifier, and it uses that one qualifier for all items in its potential inventory. The qualifier can be any attribute that can be pulled from the player. Most of the chests are using maxhp, but a few are using swordsmanship, spellcasting, and the like.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Yesterday:
Four players in foutpost, including me.

*WHAZZAM* artifact chest appears.

Artifact chest chooses: J-M v2.5.5
J-M v2.5.5 gets a potion of forgetfulness
Artifact chest chooses: J-M v2.5.5
J-M v2.5.5 gets a scroll of fire ball

*WHAZZAM* artifact chest disappears.

Evaan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
You have 779 HP and 400 Mana. The chest must`ve consider you a god and found you to be the only one truly worthy of its valuables.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, it r bugged, unless that sentence somehow didn't make that clear and you were somehow expecting a different result.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. ”

It's not supposed to give to the same person, but it does, ergo, it be bugged, thought I made that clear.