orcplace2

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
The guy playing this map is named Gold_Box.

i_orcplace2.JPG

Crow? Do you know anything about this?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Eh, it must have been me testing the map... I dunno how I got the name 'gold_box' though - I've seen some other player by that name... Err... Unless the server uploads maps to clients who don't have the password for the server... Hmmmm...

Then again, maybe I did accidentally distro the alpha of that... I left the test server open when I went to play NS - but I think somewhere inbetween I absentmindedly ran the batch file for the main server (which naturally crashed, trying to make two servers on same port...), that would have overwritten the config for the test server with the standard, erasing it's password and.... Ooops. Oh dear. I bet it crashed while I was playing NS and as a result of that fiasco changed to the standard server on the Orcplace2 map. :|

Oh well, anyone who has that, you'll have to delete or rename that to play the final version of Orcplace2 or you'll get an "map differs from server's" error trying to connect. I'll be out today, but I should have it ready Monday (techincally ready now). I'll try to be more careful in the future. ;)

"Seraphim, Cherubim, Thrones, Dominations, Virtues, Powers, Principalities, Archangels, Angels, and Agnus"

Saint Thoth

PS. I think the Christian Warriors of God have forsaken us for the sinful temptations of Svencoop. :roll:

• Banned

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Thothie said:
PS. I think the Christian Warriors of God have forsaken us for the sinful temptations of Svencoop. :roll:

Not only Sven Co-Op... The CWoG guild server has also fallen prey to Natural Selection... :|

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Svencoop is one thing, but NS gets unplayable when yer ping goes over 100 though. I wouldn't host that without some really big pipes.

Anywho Ye download: orcplace2_beta.bsp

That's the BSP itself (around 1mb), drop it in the maps subfolder of your MS folder.

It's currently chained into the Crow sequence on Thothie's... I'm not distributing with the Crow pack until I've had a chance to test it with some other players.

Unlike Highlands2, there's not much new here. Orcplace is the second most popular map on the server, so I didn't want to screw with it too much. The two biggest differences are that you have some rangers up in the rafters raining arrows down on you, and that the orcs are capable of jumping up on some of the furniture to get at you.

Main thing is your FPS should be much better on this map. All the carving and the box around the map has been undone.

I'm a little worried that the three rangers and the reward for killing warboss may cause an ent flood (and make things invisible). I'd need multiple players to really test this. Single player the map runs fine.

I also still need someone to help out test the msarea_town entity's effectiveness on Edana.

"Never answer an anonymous letter." - Yogi Berra

Saint Thoth

-=Night Goul=-

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Oi! Sven-coop and NS are good mods! We just have to beat them and earn a place in the Browser Games section on Steam. I mean BrainBread? Wtf is brainbread?

-=Night Goul=-

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ok ok i DLed it and its good as an idea but its too repetative eg. Go kill Fred or Get the brief case. They need something more than just kill kill get this and kill.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Dude, if you just learn how to map you can make your own quests! You can do so many sick things!

Such as:

Blow up this building

Open this door

Find a transport

You can make your own missions! What else would you want?

Some guy made a church map and in the end you have to dig your way out through the floor of the church (into the underlying sewers) to escape the zombies. The game is so much more than kill and grab. Trust me.

-=Night Goul=-

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Well all the normal maps are like that and I'm rubish at making maps but I saw some custom ones on the site

OnTopic: So The orcplace.... Whats new?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Like I said, nottin. It's primary a performance fix, which is the biggest complaint I've received about it, despite it's being the second most popular map on the server. (Not counting Edana, of course) So, the only differences you should really see are:

- Massive FPS increase (much smoother)

- Orcs can jump up on some furniture

- Orc Rangers raining arrows down on you from the rafters

Other than that, pretty much identical to the last multiplayer edition with maybe a minor tweak or two you aren't likely to notice (monster clip around the pool, ambient noises on pool and torches, etc).

I've still not had the chance to test it out with some other players around.

Completely unrelated, but my server keeps having hard crashes and locking beyond auto-restart while a bunch of Swedish people are on speaking ummm... Something other than English. Maybe it's having some sort of consonant overflow... too many consonants, yeah, that must be it... ;)

"Use vowels!"

Saint Thoth

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Completely unrelated, but my server keeps having hard crashes and locking beyond auto-restart while a bunch of Swedish people are on speaking ummm... Something other than English. Maybe it's having some sort of consonant overflow... too many consonants, yeah, that must be it... :wink:

:|

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Feh, maybe, damn thing's so unstable.

All I know is:
'[D^P] X-Ray'says: 'vilken version e
'[D^P] X-Ray'says: 'kom'
'LittleFrodo'says: 'kolla'
'LittleFrodo'says: 'hail'
'LittleFrodo'says: 'nu ska vi trena'
'[D^P] X-Ray'says: 'ja'
'LittleFrodo'says: 'nu ska vi trena'
'LittleFrodo'says: 'grde en ny gubbe'
'[D^P] X-Ray'says: 'ja veger inte sa mkt'
*CRASHLOCK*

'William'says: ' tog du Guldet?'
'[D^P] X-Ray'says: 'ja'
'William'says: 'bra'
'William'says: ' du er undr marken'
'[D^P] X-Ray'says: 'aventyr!!!!'
'William'says: 'det finns orcs der vi kan ej doda dem med detta svard'
'LittleFrodo' says: ' Han den andra gorde det'
*CRASHLOCK*

I think the network is allergic to slav, or somethin'.