orc_for & isle not loading - listen server

deandawg

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hey does anyone know a fix for loading into orc_for & isle? Just crashes on map load, if I vote map it memory overloads too

I am using a listen/lan server

Jonzay

Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
orc_for's memory overloads can usually just be clicked past and are generally harmless, but sometimes the map will crash on listenservers. I have had zero success getting isle to load on a listenserver.

Both are generally significantly more stable and usable on a dedicated server, even if the dedicated server is hosted on the same PC.

natranr

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
I got your fork working so far on a GUI HLDS, but I am running into an issue. It seems when I went from Edana to the Thornlands, all of my progress was lost. Any fixes?

Edit: Ok, had to switch to client side characters, and now when switching maps it gives me a Steam validation failed error. Tried in both LAN and Internet and gives me the same issue both times.

Edit2: Switched back to server side characters, stuck to LAN HLDS for now. Might test out Internet but I dont have the best connection. But if I can convince a VRChat community I am in to set this up, then we might be in business. Still no Fuzznet yet.

Last edited:

greatguys1

Epic Adventurer
MSC Developer
Warriors of the North
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Steam validation error happens when you sit on the char select screen for too long.
The characters not showing up after swapping maps happens when your client automatically switches from hosting a listen server to a solo, loopback one- but I haven't seen that happen on hlds like you're saying. Perhaps ensure that sv_lan is set to 0?
But yes, hlds is the best way to play, since it avoids most errors that stops maps from loading.