omg.. hover bewts? or like a feather helm?

OpsMiller

Adventurer
Reaction score
was playing Orcarina of Time the other day and while running around with those hover boots it snapped and i was like why not have this in MS:C?
do it just like the did in OoT to where you run off a ledge and it makes that same fucking badass whistling sound for about 3 -4 seconds and you drop..
since this game doesn't allow custom boots. I thought of a helm or a ring.
Ring would be too easy and ppl would wear it all the time.

Hover helm(i can picture the helm bing super light AND having lil wings on it. like marios hat or something)
make it horrible to fight with. like it actually takes more dmg than without a helm. no stun res.. so ppl would have to switch to it back n forth

yea yea i know.. its genius.. NOW MAKE IT HAPPEN!
Cannot jump while hovering? or maybe just one jump.

why have it?
well it would be cheesy to have a low gravity item because it would be abused and ppl would be all over the outside of maps n shit.. cheating over mobs.

but hovering would be fine since you would just be sliding by a patch of air. For example: that gap in thornlands where you have to tap ww and time your jump just right or u fall. (the gap on the left of spawn on the way to the old mans house with the rats on one side.) yea, you know what im talking about.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, flight's straight out cuz it'd fubar a lot of mappers... Hovering a foot or so off the ground on the other hand... In addition to the fact that I'm not sure how to pull it off, I'm not entirely sure what the point would really be. Only real advantage I can think of is that it'd make you immune to a few ground-based stun wave attacks.

OpsMiller

Adventurer
Reaction score
well you know how when you stand on a ledge in any hl game. switch the grav to 0 and start walkin off the ledge you will float, as long as you dont jump off that ledge.
and yea there wouldnt be much point cept the awesome feeling of floating across the air :D

Marisa

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
It could be a novelty item, where you hover around with your arms folded, like Gunbuster or Bison.
image40we8.png
gunbuster.jpg

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
OpsMiller said:
well you know how when you stand on a ledge in any hl game. switch the grav to 0 and start walkin off the ledge you will float, as long as you dont jump off that ledge.
and yea there wouldnt be much point cept the awesome feeling of floating across the air :D
Like Thothie said, it's not much of a novelty item when it can be used to bypass obstacles set forth by mappers...

OpsMiller

Adventurer
Reaction score
Sabre said:
OpsMiller said:
Like Thothie said, it's not much of a novelty item when it can be used to bypass obstacles set forth by mappers...

its just to float over a small patch of air. such as the bloodrose gap before the boss.
it wouldnt be cheating or exploiting. just instead of jumping you get to coast.
think of link maaaaan

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
I like this idea, but it kind of counters alot of the intentions that mappers had. I could see this being released as a very rare level 50 or 60 item. That would depend entirely, however, on what those maps looked like themselves. If those maps made liberal use of to-your-dewm drops than I think this item is out of question. If they don't, however, it won't be any problem that a level 50 could bypass the drops in the atholo fight since he could solo them easily anyway.

And if this was ever implemented we could just rip that winged boots model from wizard wars.

OpsMiller

Adventurer
Reaction score
COH-Twilight-Vixen-Winged-Boots.jpg

yea something like these..

but these are soooo win.
OOT_HoverBoots.GIF

Srgnt Rehab

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Even more realistic then hover boots would be Iron Boots.

These boots would make you unable to sprint (No Raven Mace Speed) but would cause you to have the leadfoot bonus - Unable to be pushed by enemies.