Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cernobylsky

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I have finished first version of game skin i have made .zip file ....

(If you need more info about background of skin you can see it in post : cant move or anything)

Here is sample screen shot :SEE SCREEN

And here is .zip file :DOWNLOAD HERE

Ya and you need also font Viking : DOWNLOAD HERE

Now i m awaiting your feelings from it :D

EDIT :

New version of skin :

Here is comparative screen shot :SEE SCREEN

Here is sample screen shot :SEE SCREEN

And here is .zip file :DOWNLOAD HERE

(NEW VERSION STILL NEEDS FONT VIKING)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
If we wanted to make that the MS:C skin, it would be a simple matter to make the font install with the game... That is, if the devs would use a real installer, and not a RAR file. :roll:

"The light which puts out our eyes is darkness to us." -Thoreau

Saint Thoth

Ewok

New Adventurer
Reaction score
MS:C will have an installer.

EDIT

Also as a further note. Realize Master Sword isn't our responsibilty, Master Sword : Continued is. The patched versions of MS for Steam are coming purely to keep the fans interested and out of the kindness of our hearts. We don't need to do anything. We're not going to waste time making installers for tiny little patches. When we could be spending time on MS:C, appreciate and be grateful the fact that we have updated anything on the old MS.

- Ewok

Cernobylsky

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thx for your opinions :D

Yes it will be better to make installer for it... This version isn t final and i must improve it and then i can make stand alone installer or it can be also included in MS:C official or unofficial installer... :wink:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well I made ya a dyam installer, and its your website, so if we don't have one... :p

Anywho.. Cernob... I install your skin, but it no work. It seems to keep my default skin... You want this sucker unzipped in the MS folder overwritting the 'resource' folder, yes?

"The mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open."

Saint Thoth

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yup, yeah... Check that... and... Don't work... Dunno waddup. :\ Anyone else got it working?

BTW. If this MS1.35 game isn't your concern or responsibility, how about releasing the source code for the server side DLL at least? I bet I could fix all sorts of issues with that... ;)

"Didn't think so, but had to try."

Saint Thoth

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Somehow anticpated that response. ;) Had to try though. You're not working on it, and neither is anyone else, so it's just sitting there, rotting. Maybe the coder fairy will come down and save it.

But yeah, Cernob, tis installed as you said, and no workie... Again I ask, anyone else get it to go? If I could get it to work, I'd like to include it with my self-installing MS distro.

"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." - John Cage

Saint Thoth

Cernobylsky

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thotie maybe this will help you :

I have made video with complete installation of skin :) (pls. don t be surprised, coz i have hacked HL1...)

Here is video : SEE VIDEO

And you installed FONT and copy new resource directory and it doesn t run ? If video won t help you you san search for "TrackerScheme.res" in your steam direcotry and then can post or send (via my mail [email protected]) screen of founded files :)

And about dll i thing you can give him old MS 1.3 dll, you are developing new version.. who want hack his character (and i m not speaking about one bug which is fixable very hard (clonning of items and money...)) and if thothie won t give it to public there s no problem... But it s up to you devs :) when you finish first beta of MS:C anyone will play old MS... (maybe few fans....)

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Thothie said:
how about releasing the source code for the server side DLL at least?

If Kuroneko does not trust an old DLL to you, one of the most contributive forumboard members in MS history, then there's no chance anybody will ever get it... ever! :oldshock:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It maybe there's enough of the old code left in the new MS that it would be some sort of security issue. I dunno. (Speaking of security issues, a certain someone should probably stop distributing a certain program before MS:C is released, as I doubt it'll be immune to it.) :wink:

Cernob:

Well... Played the video, and yes, that's exactly how I installed it... I've no idea what's up.

This is the trackerscheme.res from your zip file:

http://www.thothie.com/ms/Cernob_TrackerScheme.res

This is the one currently in my client's MS/resource folder:

http://www.thothie.com/ms/Thothie_TrackerScheme.res

I ran FC on them - they are exactly alike. :evil:

It maybe on a true Steam install, Steam overrides the individual game settings or something? I wouldn't think so... I've no clue what's going on here. ><

"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." -Isaac Asimov

Saint Thoth

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Feh, that's just stupid - one shouldn't need the client to have a third party program for mods to have their own custom menu and GUI styles... I'll have to write Kevin about that - he got the developer;echo bug fixed when I bitched about it (more or less) - maybe he can push and get this fixed too. I dunno if this affects the HL2 mods though - it's very difficult to get the Valve guys to do anything about HL1 mod issues unless it does.

"There are always pools of blood in the shadows." - Lain

Saint Thoth

PS. and good going on the immunity thing!!! I find those sorts of h4xed characters MUCH more annoying than players who just visit cheat maps... But if it just passes a flag to verify where the change came from, make sure it's a flag with an odd number tied to it. Otherwise it'd be easy enough to find the flag, and lock it.

Cernobylsky

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Uff, then it s simple :

Question :

I want custom GUI style, what should i do for it ?

Valve recommends :

This problem is very simple downlaod hacked steam from http://www......

.... Im sorry , but we still can make own skin for whole steam :)