My First Model

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
hah, the master sword...people will think of zelda than...

perhaps the new lostblade? undamaels blade? venom blade? the possibilities are endless :roll:

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
WHY?
WHY NAME THIS GAME MASTERSWORD?
gah, everyone thinks im talking about zelda when i tell them about this mod.
:(

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/53766/swordy.obj.html
Ummm... What do I do with this .OBJ file? :(

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
You can import to max, maya or milkshape :)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Universal... Except to Half-Life. I need a .mdl file. :(

Only 3D design proggies I have are for commercial art and not game-friendly.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Skittlez said:
Shurik3n said:
sword.jpg

My first model :D. Its not entirly done yet but its getting there. Tell me what you think.

Note: The image quality is a kinda bad...

http://graphics.migee.com/tutorials/Sword/

Good job following a tutorial step by step. :roll:

Actually this is the tutorial I used, believe or not. My friend sent me the image of the sword which he thought would look cool in MSC so I decided to try my hand at milkshape 3D. I googled for a MS3D tut and that fish thing was the best I found. 4 hours later I had that crummy way too high poly sword which I only showed here to share my accomplishment of getting that far. I never intended to finish it, but I might give it a another try someday.[/url]

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
A tutorial to direct you into modeling a fish?? Funneh...

Well, why didn't you come back to us several months ago & finish it? We still would've liked it, tutorial step-by-step made or not, it was better than most MSC models :D

Odin

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Really nice sword.. I hope that you fnish it and that it becomes the new Torkalath, or a new sword :)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Just need someone to turn that OBJ into a model.

Tis too big to be a Torkie blade though. That thar be more the slow swinging two hander beast type, rather than rapier on crack type.

I've a reskin for each Elven Sword type. But ATM I don't think it's worth the model slots they'd take up... Really gotta figure a way to control submodels on viewmodels.

quickdraw

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I think it's halrious that people here are always trying to find something to post against shurikens sword. I gave him the pic and i found it off yahoo thank you very much. Who the fuck cares. It still looks good. Also, skittlez, nice try to make you seem like you know everything but you dont know shit about anything. You try to act like hot shit but your just imbaressing yourself. I probably won't model anymore. To boring. Plus, I dont feel like wasting a few hours putting vertexes then linking them into faces. BOREING. Ill see if i still have my shield. If I do, i'll post a link to it for you thothie. Seriously tho, stfu and stop trying to say shuriken "stole the sword from a turtorial." first of all, we had no idea about this. Second, is that even milkshape? The faces are rectangles, the model shuriken did was in tirangles dumbass. So skittlez go fuk yourself. This is why i wont model. You may have people who appricate you but your always going to have fuk faces who try to "out smart" you by trying to find the "answer" to you making this. ZOMG HE LIEK STOLEZ IT FROM TUTS AND GOOGLE. Very nice.

Peace out.

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
quickdraw pisses me off in so many ways.

maybe its a good thing you quit modelling, just leave.

oh, and here take this.

0604_solution_sumer_gift_21.jpg

enjoy.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Ah, I can see the headlines now: "8 year old dead in front of computer - forgot to breathe!"

There are a few notes I'd like to make about QuickDraw.

1. Vomica was nice enough to give you the book on how to properly speak English. For the love of humanity, read the book. Let's look at some of the "words" that you used:
-halrious. Ironically, It's hilarious that you can't spell it right.
-your just imbaressing. Weird, because YOU'RE just EMBARRASSING yourself, too.
-To boring. The word is "too". Now, I'm sure this is an advanced lesson from the book, but while "to","too", and "two" are all pronounced the same, they are clearly not written the same and don't mean the same thing. It's honestly sad when people can't figure out the proper usages.
-tho. Even THOUGH the letters are silent, they're still there, buddy.

Now, to avoid crashing the forums from posting and criticizing ALL of your grammatical and spelling errors, I'll move on.

Ok, you didn't steal it from a tutorial. You DID, however, admit to stealing it from Google. That's just absolutely genius. "No officer, I didn't rape her! I raped her friend!". Have you ever heard of artistic integrity? I'm just going to assume that the answer is no and keep going with calling you an idiot.

And now the grand realization of how much of an idiot you are. Did you even READ this topic? If you go back a few posts, you'll see that Shurik3n posted and everyone was fine with it. You see, rather than come back and yell and flame like an 8 year old, he admitted to what happened.

Last few tidbits:

This is why i wont model. You may have people who appricate you but your always going to have fuk faces who try to "out smart" you by trying to find the "answer" to you making this.

Now that was just sad. You do to sentences what Squirrel does to logic. Excuse me while I look for a pen and chair.

The faces are rectangles, the model shuriken did was in tirangles dumbass.

Pricks in glass houses shouldn't cast stones.

Peace out.

That's just icing on the cake encompassing your lack of intelligence.

Leave the modelling world and leave the forums.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I've no clue what that was about...

apostle_sword.gif

Only problem I currently have with this sword, is that it's too good for the game. ;)

I'm considering making two variants of this - maybe using this as a lostblade replacement, and making a bejeweled reskinned variant of it for the Apostle Sword or some such.

quickdraw

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yes. You caught me. I was trying to say perfect grammar and sentances. You got me good. If I seriously was trying to promote correct grammar, I would do something like this. I realised that these are forums for a game and not english class. Thanks for your concern.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Even when you're trying you fail to spell things right and type grammatically! XD

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
lol. good. grammar. means. i. put. extra. periods. amirite?

we wouldn't have pointed out your intelligence... er might i say "unintelligence" if you hadn't called us out by saying we were stupid.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Well, *I* might have :roll:

I'm the Resident Ass; it's what I do.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
I've no clue what that was about...

apostle_sword.gif

Only problem I currently have with this sword, is that it's too good for the game. ;)

I'm considering making two variants of this - maybe using this as a lostblade replacement, and making a bejeweled reskinned variant of it for the Apostle Sword or some such.

given more time...i can arrange a proper quest to set the rarity correctly...and make high levels not want to help people get it.

contact me if interested on how i'd manage it :p

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
This thread needs to die.