Minor mob glitch

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
In N_thornlands, the envenomed protectors (I believe, green skellie with 2 sheilds) has a real nasty habit of doing the "noclip to free me because I think I'm stuck" and glitching under the map, ruining the chest spawn 80% of the time.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Ah, noted... Prob cuz they are so slow. Odd I've not seen em do it, but it makes sense... Will slap them with the no_unstuckie thing...

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
It is cause of the speed, I tested the other ones with blizzard and if I force them into weird vertexes they do the same while slowed. Here and there it happens with others, but that's what happens with noclip.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Thothie they aren't slow at all :oldshock:

I've noticed that any skeleton above a Fallen Knight (the new ones, like frost skellies & envenomed protectors) pretty much teleports around the map from moving so quickly!
(I've noticed these movements on your server Thothie, J-M's, my own, and a someone else's server)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
If you see a Poisoned Guardian, I think you will find they travel very slowly.

I may have to just axe the unstuck system and work it more like the one on the new AI, where it just checks on spawn, and then does this teleport shuffle but instead of noclip. If the maps weren't messed up, I wouldn't need it at all, as the only reason things spawn inside each other is due to abuse of spawnloc 1, but, meh.

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Feel your pain on that one, the revamp you did on keledrosprelude was a great remedy, but it's not one I'd say could be architecturally applied across the board. I'd say the method you described would be golden though.

Iselore

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yea, one time I was resting in the corner waiting for the skeles to rise again, one of them teled right in my corner and rose! lmao!

Raptor

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Sometimes they walk around before raising, but I think that's intentionally part of the system so they don't get stuck... Just kinda annoying to attack a skeleton walking around then have it appear on the ground getting up.

I've also seen this happen on lostcastle with a skeleton near the bed in that one room, only happened once though, and I was ontop of the bed fire darting it. Messed up the chest spawn though.

How about if the game thinks they're gonna be stuck, just move them up 32 units on the Z axis before raising them? The worst thing this could cause is getting them stuck in the ceiling or cause them to float for half a second. I'd rather see skeletons stuck in the ceiling than have them disappear from the entire map (or rather, fall/teleport through it into oblivion) and break any/all events tied to them dying a final time. Could always just use rebuke undead to kill them all :p

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I think we should all look at the skeletons carefully... recognize their rights as semi-intelligent... then back-hand them & force them all into slave-labor!! (MWAUAHAHAH :evil: )

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The whole skeleton death / getup again sequence is very screwy. I'm tempted to re-write the whole damn thing, but even if I do - there are serious issues when you tell the system a creature is "dead" then re-flag it as alive again, as the skeleton script does.

I might give them a 500pt buffer, on top of their normal HP, and then have them play dead when they reach 500hp - therefor never getting flagged as dead - and just remove the 500hp when they decide they are tired of playing dead. May bring up other issues though.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Well, I hope you don't totally slaughter the skeleton revive system...

I love getting compounded experience off from skeletons :D

Raptor

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I think if he re-does the system like he said there, it will remove the "stacked" exp from multiple kills, and probably require you to kill it a final time before you actually get any exp in the first place... Might also cause a bug that makes the game think you did 500 damage with whatever weapon you finished it with, giving you exp for 500 points of damage you never did. Just a thought.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie just told us that Exp doesn't rely on HP >_>

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
He has a point on the first part though. :/

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
just give them a big xp boost at the end then ^__^

then rebuke wont be completely USELESS for training...

Jax

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
The whole skeleton death / getup again sequence is very screwy. I'm tempted to re-write the whole damn thing, but even if I do - there are serious issues when you tell the system a creature is "dead" then re-flag it as alive again, as the skeleton script does.

It actually worked perfectly, the death-to-life-again thing, in the original MS:C 1.0 Skeles would getup and start attacking smoothly, but the drawback was a 2 second or so delay between the getup anim and their active stage.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I dun think I have the 1.0 script- not that it would work. MS 1.35 they axed the idea, apparently - I assume something changed with the system around then that made it go baffo.

As it is now, it goes baffo for a number of reasons. It's just kind enough to work 'most of the time'. Although the way it fux0rz with the monster spawn counters is pretty consistant.

WTF ya talking about Willis - half my SC is from Rebuke.

I can tack on extra XP each time they get up, should work out.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
They don't get up when you use rebuke though >_>

Yeah, rebuke sucks hardcore. It's slow, weak, hits only one monster at a time...

Acid Bolt ftw :D

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I like acidic bolt (not acid bolt, but acidic bolt) because it really has this *slurp - SPLAT* sound thingy. It's very kinetic. You can tell you're doing damage by the impact sound. I love it :mrgreen:

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Yeah, Acid bolt is great. I'll call acid over acidic if I want >:O

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
I dun think I have the 1.0 script- not that it would work. MS 1.35 they axed the idea, apparently - I assume something changed with the system around then that made it go baffo.

As it is now, it goes baffo for a number of reasons. It's just kind enough to work 'most of the time'. Although the way it fux0rz with the monster spawn counters is pretty consistant.

WTF ya talking about Willis - half my SC is from Rebuke.

I can tack on extra XP each time they get up, should work out.

alright thothie, Rebuke is divinations' ONLY offensive spell...heres its stats-ish

Spell level: 6
Damage: 1.5 Dmg/level
Mana cost: 2
speed: slow
AoE?: No
Special Abilities: Undead killed with rebuke dont get back up.
Notes: Can only be used on undead and unholy creatures.

lets take that against ERRATIC LIGHTNING, THE STARTING SPELL

Spell level: 1
Damage (base): 2 Dmg/level
Mana cost: 1
Speed: fast
AoE: No
Special Ability: Consecutive hits grant higher damage
Notes: Can be used on all monsters. hits between 0% and 200% of base damage

ok...thats not even funny how weak it is compared to the STARTING SPELL!!!!! OMFGPWND >: O

added to it being weaker than the starting spell it also rips you off for XP...see, normally undead would get up a few times and you can keep knocking them down for more xp. but not with rebuke! it downs them for good on the first time, and only gives you the XP you would get from knocking them down once - instead of the full XP.

in short: rebuke = t3h suck

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
But yer XP would go to sword or some crap... and it lets you cut to through to the bosses quicker. It does more damage to undead than lightning does, since they have a high multiplier for holy damage (and on certain undead, this multiplier is as high as x6). I can carve through Calruin2 in under four minutes with my level 26 character and his level 10 Divination, without constantly having left over skeletons fall in behind me. Rebuke = t3h pwn. :p

...and its not the only offensive div spell - tis just the other is neigh impossible to find, atm. ;)

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
But yer XP would go to sword or some crap... and it lets you cut to through to the bosses quicker. It does more damage to undead than lightning does, since they have a high multiplier for holy damage (and on certain undead, this multiplier is as high as x6). I can carve through Calruin2 in under four minutes with my level 26 character and his level 10 Divination, without constantly having left over skeletons fall in behind me. Rebuke = t3h pwn. :p

...and its not the only offensive div spell - tis just the other is neigh impossible to find, atm. ;)

ah thothie, what fantasy realm do you play MSC in...

a x6 multiplier? i have 21 divination...the highest damage against ANY undead (that i could get to because of the neat little - skeletons sometimes dont trigger things when they die to rebuke/holy arrows) i did was 31.5, by the way, all that was left was the ghouls, calrain, his knights, and the blacksmith/his stuffz.

so...please enlighten me as to how getting roughly 1/4 of the regular XP, attacking slower, and doing less damage make me want a spell that takes twice the mana, 6x the level, and can only hit undead :roll:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Raises Divination. ;)

Should do more damage though, I do more than that at level 10. (between 25 and 60, depending on what I'm hitting.)