Maps currently worked on?

Solid Shadow

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I'm in the mood for some mapping but i'm wondering which maps are avaialbe for "reconstruction" and which are currently being worked on?

dRkILL

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Currently, the maps Edana/Edana Sewers, Thornlands, Haunted Forest/Calrain Ruins, Dark Caves, Heras, Helena, and Plains of Daragoth have been claimed.

However, I have only seen real progress on Thornlands and Heras to this point.

Solid Shadow

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Alright, I might give gatecity an attempt then.

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
honestly i think we should halt all progress untill we actually have a concept for the levels, because recreating them exactly isnt a good idea, we have much more room now so lets rethink this a little guys.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
While not recreating EVERY map, some old MS maps really deserve being recreated (thornlands, daragoth, etc)

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
ceriux said:
why not just remap the current maps how they are and expand upon them.

because its unimaginative, boring, and looks bad. did you pay no attention to the massive heap of failure that was Half Life: Source ?

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i was completely redoing edana's layout awhile ago
Ex: there was a large pong next to the church and a small woodland area and a cemetary behind it.
that kind of stuff.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Sweet! Pong!

Just kidding ;-) Vomica has the right idea >_>

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:
ceriux said:

because its unimaginative, boring, and looks bad. did you pay no attention to the massive heap of failure that was Half Life: Source ?
I like how the physics made the game impossible to beat without levelhopping.

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Sabre said:
evilsquirrel said:
ceriux said:

haha elaborate.
i never got hl:source

Solid Shadow

New Adventurer
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:
because its unimaginative, boring, and looks bad.
Uhh, I for one was planning to give the map a more "source feel" about it, not doing a replicate. I hope all mappers are :?

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
well yea that what i meant... make the landscapes and sights similar enough to the old players ... but of course im guessing that time has passed between the versions of the game... and differnt things have happened to the land... not only that but give it a better look "source feel"... i mean edana cant be something completely differnt because it wouldnt be edana then... remember the original helena? the new helena is similar but not the same and even looks better... time passed and things changed through ms and msc so things obviously changed and since the map size is bigger you can even make expansions of each map...

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Vomica7 said:
Sabre said:
evilsquirrel said:
ceriux said:

haha elaborate.
i never got hl:source
I got it as part of the Gold package, back in '04. When you get to the part where you have to ride barrels through toxic waste, the water physics made it impossible to stand on a barrel, let alone actually jump on the fucking thing.

[A]

New Adventurer
Reaction score
while I have everyone who gives a damn about maps in the same section, can we actually have designated transition areas between maps?

I would like to see stuff like passageways or alleys or some shit, not "oh, this must be the way to Heras because the map cuts off blankly right here"

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
[A] said:
while I have everyone who gives a damn about maps in the same section, can we actually have designated transition areas between maps?

I would like to see stuff like passageways or alleys or some ****, not "oh, this must be the way to Heras because the map cuts off blankly right here"

I was doing that already.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
[A] said:

I would like to see stuff like passageways or alleys or some ****, not "oh, this must be the way to Heras because the map cuts off blankly right here"

That was discussed, and stated that they make transitions like that because they're easier to make, and they cut the poly count on maps some.