Just Wanna Know...

Kokris666

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I noticed since the new patch that some new things came out and these items im talking about are the new helmets, the so called "Protection From Fire/Ice" helmets and also "Potion Of Forgetfulness" Or forget or something like that but any way i want to know is where the hell do i get these new items :?: i looked every where but; Alas i can't find them any help??

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
They are all in very difficult spots and extremely rare to boot.

Potion of Forgetfulness will *hopefully* be in a more accessible spot come 2007. It'll be 100% predictable, but it'll be a lot of work, and you'll need a fair amount of cash to boot.

The hats, however, will remain rare.

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Is it even in? I know a lot of fellow blades and I have been scouring the levels for what seems an eternity looking for it.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It's in... The placement isn't all that unobvious either - just very hard to get to. Too hard, IMO, for the Pot of Forget - but it was a quick fix.

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Well, I'm worried that my maps may be bugged. I haven't been able to get the patcher to work correctly, can you send me a pack with all of your properly patched maps in it? It's so bad I can't even see zombie dwarves in Gatecity. Is it in a new chest? Or a current one?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Do me a favor and send me your msc/maps/map_update.log

I *really* need to find out why this thing works for some and not for others. I dunno if it's administrative permissions, outdated windows installs, or what. It maybe a simple matter of using an earlier version of ZHLT to handle it.

Meanwhile:
http://www.thothie.com/msc/msc_map_updates_DEC2006c.rar
24 MB (vs. the 183k of the normal update package, were it working for you.)

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
I am also having this issue with my server, I am unable to perform the update and I am running server 2003 with all the latest patches. would you like my log as well?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yes, very much - Orochi never sent me his.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I use Media Center 2003 windows O/S currently; works pretty nice considering it's being used on a Dual Core :p

Lucky for me, however, I have never encountered errors when it comes to installing your patches Thothie.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Thank you for sending me your log Blasto...

I dun have any info yet - just seems for some bloody reason, Ripent and HLCSG are refusing to run on your system (this means you also can't map with ZHLT on said system).

I'm gonna try to dig up some older versions of ZHLT later, see if they can handle the updating, and if they can, send em out to you or Orochi. If they work, maybe we can use them instead... If not... Jeeze... Kinda at a loss. I guess they are both open source, so I could re-compile them - but since Micro$oft can't keep compatibility from one year of VS to the next, I doubt it'd be easy to compile them in an earlier, more broadly compatible version.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
not a problem, just ask if you need any testing or what not. I am more than willing to help get the map update stuff working.