Isle - WiP

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
What I'd like to see the most is harder versions of your maps :wink: Like Nightmare_isle or chapel, that'd kick ass. You just need to replace some textures and put hard monsters.
Your maps are the most awesome free roam maps evar, not only low levels need them :).

brian4

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
No artifact chests I hope. Those are terrible.

brian4

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I constantly see one player who is well above the HP range getting all the items, even when that player already has the item.

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
While there won't ever be a "Perfect system" I do believe the current Arti system is as close as it's going to get at least for a while. High hp players taking items and not sharing with the people who do actually contribute is not so much a design problem more so a community problem.

Even under a "perfect" system there will be abusers

Glorfindel

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
imo the rolling system was the best way but i guess you just can't rely on the community to use it properly

in order to get something perfect you'd have to design a system that would take a lot of variables into account, such as time spent in server, damage done (in proportion to level and weapon damage, so that a higher level simply cannot orion bow his way into mordor), whether you already have the item, if you can use the item at your level, whether you can even carry the item, etc

brian4

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Crap... I just took over this thread >.> Sorry CSS. /untakeoverthread

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
*helps the untakeovar*

Any update on this CSS? new pics mehbeh?

Also, it would be nice to keep with the open style as this seems to feature and Chapel has. However if looking into something different you could always try to add more "story" to it an open map, or try your hand at something more specific. Maybe a raid on some place instead of a defense? Or a higher level req map :p.

CSS

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yeah.. I thought I would have this done earlier this week but I'm still working on the last spot that connects 3 different paths.

I can't give you any new pix because they would be of areas that you have to go looking for and find, so seeing them early would take away from finding them while playing MSC. I guarantee that this map will be more free-roam than chapel. I set up the main highland to do exactly that.

I added remnants of a Woodcutter's home, however they seem to have been overrun by Orc's and their pet Trolls. If you chose to take this route, maybe at the end I could have the woodcutter who fleed, and would be willing to give you some nice reward for exterminating the pests ^^