Ice Blade

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Sphere burns mana like mad, doesn’t level at all, and doesn't stay around for as long... But yeah, if I were a god, I'd go that route. ;)

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
i trained ice on foutpost with blizzard, back in the days when chain lightning was cool

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Lighting storm is way overpowered. It makes monsters freak out and does pretty good damage. I still think poison cloud is the best AoE, at least at my affliction level. Blizzard is ok as a defensive spell, but it takes too much mana for the damage. Fireball is just crap.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I think fireball is insanely overpowered.

It does area of effect damage and burn damage. Something like that is absurdly strong and I believe the fireball should be nerfed immediately.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Just because it does two types of damage doesn't mean the damage it does is worth anything. Your point is flawed.

Dark_Force9999

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Too bad we won't be getting any new spells because Thothie's not sure on how to fix the spell system. Worst than that is that we don't even know if there is any progress on it.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:

It does area of effect damage and burn damage. Something like that is absurdly strong and I believe the fireball should be nerfed immediately.

All the AOE spells do DOT. Fireball being one of the weaker ones, mainly due to the fact it's just lower level. Has better impact damage than most though. Low mana drain, good rate of fire.

Unlike Lightning storm, and Blizzard, Fireball DOT has no secondary effects (slow/confuse). Doesn't even make monsters stop, drop, and roll.

Too bad we won't be getting any new spells because Thothie's not sure on how to fix the spell system. Worst than that is that we don't even know if there is any progress on it.
I've got more important things to do at the moment, than to start the vote thread on "how do you want your spells nerfed?" that'll no doubt lead to flames galore.

Priorities at the moment:
- Recompile/finish some maps (chapel, daragoth*, helena2, lostcastle, calruin2)
- Old helena
- Integrate said into new installer
- A few new items for the Lodagond chests (that may or may not include Blooddrinker, as Crow seems to be moving the Maldora conflict to a second map.)
- Better anti-cheat/map verification/anti-speed hack system so we can make FN public again
- Start implementing the custom title system

Hopefully have all that done by years end. (Probably all that and more, I'm just covering my ass.)

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
J-M v2.5.5 said:

All the AOE spells do DOT. Fireball being one of the weaker ones, mainly due to the fact it's just lower level. Has better impact damage than most though. Low mana drain, good rate of fire.

Unlike Lightning storm, and Blizzard, Fireball DOT has no secondary effects (slow/confuse). Doesn't even make monsters stop, drop, and roll.

I've got more important things to do at the moment, than to start the vote thread on "how do you want your spells nerfed?" that'll no doubt lead to flames galore.

Priorities at the moment:
- Recompile/finish some maps (chapel, daragoth*, helena2, lostcastle, calruin2)
- Old helena
- Integrate said into new installer
- A few new items for the Lodagond chests (that may or may not include Blooddrinker, as Crow seems to be moving the Maldora conflict to a second map.)
- Better anti-cheat/map verification/anti-speed hack system so we can make FN public again
- Start implementing the custom title system

Hopefully have all that done by years end. (Probably all that and more, I'm just covering my ass.)
Finish the Hall of Deralia?

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Why would blooddrinker be linked to maldora? The Sorc boss wields it...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
That would be telling... But J-M knows...

Hall of Deralia is lower priority as there isn't much to do there... Although I may run some of the titles thing through there.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:

This was complete and total sarcasm, for those who actually didn't notice.
And at the same time, it was also a parody on the omg-lightning-storm-is-2-strong posts.

Thothie said:
That would be telling... But J-M knows...
I promised you I won't tell anybody (not even my guildmembers), so don't worry :wink:
Edit: The fact that some people are still like "omg vant al itamz *farm 24/7* lololol" is the reason I won't say anything.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
J-M v2.5.5 said:

And at the same time, it was also a parody on the omg-lightning-storm-is-2-strong posts.

The sarcasm failed miserably.
Parody wasn't funny.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
villager said:
J-M v2.5.5 said:
J-M v2.5.5 said:

Parody wasn't funny.
Heh, no sarcasm can fail as much as pimpsta's.

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Why don't we have any spells that do splash damage? We have AoE, but it isn't the same. The boulders, that the troll lobbers throw, do splash damage. Shouldn't fireball do splash too, instead of AoE?

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
villager said:
J-M v2.5.5 said:
J-M v2.5.5 said:

Parody wasn't funny.
/care

Also, you, yes, even you, can't possibly believe that I was being serious when I posted that the fireball spell is overpowered.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Also, you, yes, even you, can't possibly believe that I was being serious when I posted that the fireball spell is overpowered.

I did. It's not the first time I've had the complaint either.

Why don't we have any spells that do splash damage? We have AoE, but it isn't the same. The boulders, that the troll lobbers throw, do splash damage. Shouldn't fireball do splash too, instead of AoE?

Splash damage is really hard to predict and make consistant. You'll notice the Troll Lobber's boulders vary an insane amount. But yeah, amongst the "nerf all yer spells flame generator" ideas, were to convert most AOE spell to splash.

The DOT would be the same regardless of impact damage though.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
villager said:
J-M v2.5.5 said:
J-M v2.5.5 said:

Parody wasn't funny.
/care

Yes, I saw the sarcasm, I also noticed that I wasn't amused. You tend to dislike those +1 posts, and yet you add to another serious discusion by letting us know about your insightful opinion.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
This went far offtopic, i just want my sword back at lv 10-12