Hypothetical Items

Drathamus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I've been brainstorming all day, (Through school... I know. It's a good thing), and I've come up for some quick ideas to fill a couple of gaps in weaponry/armor that we have at the moment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Robes of the Scholar

Slot: Armor

Physical stats: 15% reduced physical damage

Other stats: Regenerates 2 points of mana every 5 seconds when worn; multiplies the wearer's individual spell casting levels to increase resistance, up to a potential of 10% resistance per school. Anything past level 5 in each school will still only yield 10% resistance. (I.E. Level 5 in fire yields 10% fire resistance, whereas level 4 in Affliction would yield 8% resistance. With level 20 in ice only yielding a 10% resistance. Excludes holy/divination, obviously).

Requirements: Spell casting of level 5 to gain the effect of the mana regeneration. Armor and resistances are given when worn.

Looks like: A green tinted robe (same color of Lizard skin, or darker), that comes from the shoulders (Short-sleeved), down to the ankles. Obviously this could be a lower-level item, and taken to a higher form with the implementation of sleeves, to distinguish a higher level of robes between a lower level.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Icewind Bulwark

Slot: Off-hand shield

Physical stats: Parry multiplier of 1.3 with a base parry value of 20

Other stats: Immortal shield; 15% innate cold resistance; when-struck effect, puts a cold DoT effect on the target based on Ice spell-casting level.

Requirements: 15 strength to wield it properly, and the ability to carry it.

Looks like: A circular shield, tinted a deep, frosty blue, with possible icicles hanging off of the lower rim of the shield.

Name: Ring of Infinite Wisdom

Slot: Finger/Ring

Physical stats: None

Other stats: Grants an experience boost from monsters by 10%; increases mana regeneration by 3 points of mana per 5 seconds. The stats of the ring do not stack. Thus having one ring is all that is allowed.

Requirements: A spell casting level of 20. (So high-levels can have a trickle of mana regeneration in a boss fight without having to rely on mana potions/etc.)

Looks like: A golden ring, no gem.

Name: Relentless Edge

Slot: 2-handed Axe

Physical stats: A medium hitting, high-accuracy axe.

Other stats: Replaces the jump swing second charge of the axe. The new second charge swings the axe in an outward arc, "cleaving" all enemies in a 30 degree angle in front of the user, within melee range.

Requirements: Level 30 Axe Handling

Looks like: A long, reddish-iron hilt, with three axe heads at the top, each gleaming with a black edge.

Name: Crusader's Plate

Slot: Armor

Physical stats: Reduces physical damage taken by 45%.

Other stats: Empowers the player with a holy spirit, making support spells more effective. Spells supported: Ice Shield - Grants 55% damage reduction for 90 seconds, Holy Circle - Increases amount healed from the circle as if the player had 5 more levels of Divination, Rejuvenation - Removes the channeling effect (Can now rejuvenate while being struck/damaged) reduces the mana cost by half, and also reduces the automatic self-heal amount by half.

Requirements: 30 strength to support the weight, and 10 spell casting.

Looks like: Royal blue plate mail, with golden trimming.

Name: Grievous Blades

Slot: Gloves, occupies both hands.

Physical stats: Slices with left click, stabs with right click, charged attack slices with both blades. Deals significantly more damage than a standard gauntleted punch, or a standard kick.

Other stats: None.

Requirements: Level 20 Martial Arts

Looks like: A gauntlet worn on each hand, going up to the fore arm. Each gauntlet has a long, triangular blade that extends from the base of the arm, to about 3 inches off of the tip of the middle finger, if it were fully extended.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I think some of them are mid-range weapons to fill in some gaps we have (Especially MA), and to also add a "support" role feature for players who'd prefer to be a group helper, more than a killer.

Post comments and concerns, please! I'd love to get some feedback.

Edited: Added some things for clarification.

Cowslayer

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
These all sound really cool. I agree, there should be more things for casters

Gandalf the Grey

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hmm, yea I remember seeing a robe model that someone did as a replacement for the fire lizard skin.... If someone could link me to that, then I wouldn't mind getting my hands dirty to re texture it a few times so we actually have some sc dedicated garments. Ive done quite a bit of that kind of image editing/ creating for Stronghold 2 and I'm sure that HL cant be much harder. :wink: