Health bar for NPCs

ReBoot

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Dude, I do quests. Or I did quests. However, they often end up in getting somewhere, fight tons of monsters and return something.

Also, you seem not to know what Roleplaying is. Roleplay is not making quests, Roleplaying is playing a role. And maybe an interesting one.

One of the core elements in roleplay is the diversity of charakters. However, in MSC everybody end up being a generalist with only slight modifications. I wanted to break out and become a mage and that as impossible. I wanted to become a shadow weaver and it is still impossible because parry goes up automatically (because not getting hit is not that easy, even with ranged attacks) and much faster, than SC.

Also, roleplaying is play a role. And people don't do that at all. Besides the fact that everyone is a generalist (during my MSC time, I met only one dude doing bow kills) doesn't support roleplay. I had better roleplay in Diablo, than in MSC. At least, in Diablo people do different things (dude#1 goes in meele and protects dude#2 who's casting).

So MSC is far away from roleplay. Even with quests. It would at least helpful to change the character system in a way which would increase diversity. Like making every skill be possible to live on.

Lanethan

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Roleplaying doesn't necessarily mean everyone plays a specific role in combat, ReBoot. That's just "Class-based" gameplay. By your definition, TFC is a roleplaying game, because you play a specific combat role.

Generally, roleplaying games are defined by a mix of features: Character advancement through gaining experience, sets of skills that you can level up in, NPC interaction, and the acquiring of items or equipment. You'll note that MS:C includes all of these, and thus it is definitely a roleplaying game. The fact that everybody becomes a generalist is a side effect of the universal skill-leveling system that MS:C uses (and actually that I was and still am against, but is also one of the most popular features).

ReBoot

New Adventurer
Reaction score
TFC lacks other things to be an RPG. I just said what takes MSC away from roleplaying for me. Playing a role. If not like in theater (what is hardly possible because killing stuff is the only thing that is really doable in MSC), but at least in combat situations, like a mage calling for help of a meele fighter. That's how roleplay games began.
Currently, MSC more of an action-adventure with charakter stats, than an RPG. Stats only don't make an RPG.