http://kirillst.ki.funpic.de/dlext/enemyhealth.spr

Some screens:
full.png

part.png

bad.png

ReBoot

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ok, the bars are narrow and the color change. However, there is still a stupid compile problem. The colors get screwed and I don't understand, why. I mean, all BMPs are at 256 colors...

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
that looks weird :O

id rather a simple red yellow green bar.

ReBoot

New Adventurer
Reaction score
[I'd like to have a possibility to delete obsolete posts of myself]

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
ReBoot; so long as this health bar isn't a rectangle flat-edged one (like this one I've seen before) I will like it (and no, I haven't looked at it myself... yet) :D

On another note... you live in Germany? Or does your location just say that? If you go to http://www.youtube.com you can see this video of a psychotic German kid freaking out because of something on his computer... he starts to cry & freak out again after breaking a bunch of keys off from his keyboard.

That kid = unhealthy, mentally unstable, and gonna get his ass kicked by his parents (if he hasn't already) for being so loud & obsesive over a video game.

ReBoot

New Adventurer
Reaction score
It is a rectangle and flat-edged. If we'd need a flask-like, we could take the one that is already in. And yep, I live in Germany.

ReBoot

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hey, Thothie, I'd like to know whether my bar is allright now ;)

Jax

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Netrogor said:
ReBoot; so long as this health bar isn't a rectangle flat-edged one (like this one I've seen before) I will like it (and no, I haven't looked at it myself... yet) :D

On another note... you live in Germany? Or does your location just say that? If you go to http://www.youtube.com you can see this video of a psychotic German kid freaking out because of something on his computer... he starts to cry & freak out again after breaking a bunch of keys off from his keyboard.

That kid = unhealthy, mentally unstable, and gonna get his ass kicked by his parents (if he hasn't already) for being so loud & obsesive over a video game.

That was random, Net. No cookie for you. :roll:

That video is old, too D:

I need to try that healthbar thar :3

ReBoot

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The thing is... How to try something that is not included? You could just download it and look at it with a sprite viewer.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
So ReBoot, by working do you mean your sprite is merely finished... or is this some sorta feature we can use in-game??

If it isn't already in-game, and this is supposed to show us the enemy's current health... I'd like to have it, features are always welcome when they're good :D

ReBoot

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I made this sprite because Thothie requested a NPC health bar. So originally, I planned an in-game use for the sprite. However, it's up to Thothie to include it.

ReBoot

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said that he planned to make include a status viewer for NPCs. And that someone has to make a health bar first.

Anyway, I am pretty sure that other playrs are also included when we talk about NPCs in this case. I'd say, that in good RPGs, NPCs and other PCs are not that different anyway. At least on the first sight.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
The suggested health thing for NPCs is the PVK2 style of health

"Good Health"
"Cuts and scratches"
"Limping slightly"
"Bleeding profusely"
"Near death"
"Call a priest"

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Why should MSC steal from PVK... I mean the good health thing is nifty, in that it will only generalize (making you feel you are actually Roleplaying)... but knowing the exact HP of a target is good too :D

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
The PVK way would be simpler and much more realistic. It makes it so that people can get a good feel for the monsters health (whether they should give up or not) rather than just telling it to them.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
As I kind of mentioned... it'd leave that excellent RPG atmosphere in place, if it was similar to PVK's setup...

An exact measurement would make sense if you were using a spell though :p

ReBoot

New Adventurer
Reaction score
MSC doesn't really have an RPG atmosphere anyway. It still more like powergaming stuff. So introducing a bar won't destroy that much. Anyway, the bar is also not exact. I made 13 frames, not 33.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
It'll be accurate :p

And actually, yes MSC does have an atmosphere that of an RPG. You just haven't played enough, or you've been ignoring the background story (made by Lanethan) and all of the quests available (like investigating the mayor in Edana)...

Sucks for you if you've missed every quest there is & refused to play the actual elements of the game :p

Course... I already did this stuff many times over again throughout MS1.0 to MS1.35... so I don't do it anymore...

Point being; if you go strictly onto an FN server in large parties with already leveled up characters surrounding you, it's going to feel like it isn't even an RPG 'cuz of a cheaters feel (powergaming is what you do in things like TSRP with the /me rapes you commands and it being totally against the set RPG world's rules, has nothing to do with whoring items in a leveling system type RPG), brought about by the item whoring.

If you go on singleplayer or a really low player, low level server (the low player & lvl one being connected to FN); you'll have an opportunity to do some of the basic quests & read subscripting you will have that RPG environment about you.