Giving MS:S a Kick Start

Shoon

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Well of course I'd be willing to help out. As for my team, of course I would have to hold a discussion with them to see if they wished to help out, im actually sure they use to play here also. I am also currently at looking to possibly revive another mod, i have not pushed anything towards it yet, so if you need any help then please let us know. We can also provide some US server hosting and possibly some cheap EU hosting(maybe free) but that can be discussed later on. (apologies if the grammar is poor, extremely tired and did not expect to reply to this topic so late, ha.)

Shoon
Third Gaming Management

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Hopefully Orochi catches this soon...

I'd love to do something to get you started, but alas, I have no access to any MSS materials at the moment.

Kinda wondering what the progress was on the map collection demo as well. :\

Shoon

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Aye, I'll attempt to check the forums as often as I can, if I seem to somewhat vanish, ill sure still be interested in MS:S Project, so try to grab me over at my forums or via steam. I might start to stick some base maps up for source, get me into source mapping again. I've been sticking to HL1 mapping recently.

Anywho, hows the servers looking on MS:C? Many left?

Shoon

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Shoon said:
Anywho, hows the servers looking on MS:C? Many left?Shoon

Gotta full set of servers... Just not a whole lotta players to put in em - or at least not near each other.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=9201

It doesn't help that it's neigh impossible to get a server to actually appear in the Steam browser list these days.

Gotta patch coming up, at least. Even if it's long delayed and not particularly ground breaking.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
TheOysterHippopotami said:
Would your team also be willing to contribute to MS:C at all?

this as i'm more interested in ms:c than ms:s for obvious reasons...

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Oh, I've seen it. From the looks of what you say, you want to map and that's it. That's fine, but we need coders more than anything

The walkthrough demo is taking a long time to set up due to my crappy upload speed (for updating what is on the FTP, still need to get the last of the source code on there) and the limits on when I can do downloads of massive maps due to sharing a connection. It will get done though, all I have to do is use the current MS:S game folder and place the maps in it.

Too tired tonight, will handle all this tomorrow.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Orochi said:
Oh, I've seen it. From the looks of what you say, you want to map and that's it. That's fine, but we need coders more than anything

Psst!
Shoon said:
I have a group of i'd say 6 max coders, 2-3 modellers, 2-3 mappers at my disposal, if your in need of anyhelp, either search me up on steam - sasuke_kun1991

:oldshock:

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Ill save that quote on a text file just to see if it becomes true, lol.

No offense but just so many people spewed the same hot air multiple times that I became a little bit skeptical.

FER

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
:oldcry:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Chalk it up to holiday depression... >_>

It is an impressive claim though... If I had that dream team, we could make a stand alone retail version of this game under Unreal3 in under a year... Granted, then we'd have to pay them.

But it is true, of the fourteen coders I've thrown our code at over the years, only six were real useful - only two long term... Of the remaining eight, four did nothing, and the other four, actually used the code to develop hacks! ...without even giving anything in return!

*sigh* We can dream though, can't we? I mean, six coders... Jeeze...

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I guess that makes it clear we are in need of any help, contact him and see what turns out.

FER

Shoon

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Hello and happy holidays,

I've made contact with thothie about fixing up MS:C and get this version of master sword to an end on hl1. I am however still awaiting a reply from orochi if the help of my team is needed on MS:S project.

Shoon
Third-Gaming Managment

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I gotta head out for a pre-new-years shindig... But I shall respond...

QJyLq.jpg

(edits: I hath responded. Also, sucks when Bauhaus is sold out! :oldcry:)

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
As a mapper, I'd like to be clued in to what you guys are doing so I can set appropriate goals.

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Shoon said:
I am however still awaiting a reply from orochi if the help of my team is needed on MS:S project.

I wasn't even aware you were expecting a reply from me, once you started talking turkey with Thothie I assumed we fell by the wayside. Regardless, expect a reply from me tomorrow. I need to contact Lord K and see if he finished the change to the FTP I asked for, and then download all the plethora of map files to construct a walkthrough mini-mod for the playerbase.

Oyster, if we have any mapping stuff to do, I'll know after I sift through the astounding amount of half-compiled and compiled versions of maps we have.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Gah! He wouldn't even be talking to me if not for the fact that... *huff*.... Will not rage! Will not rage... Count to ten Thothie... *sigh*

But, yes, as I always say, unlike a few fans here, I'd much rather see work commence on MSS than see more effort thrown at MSC, if at all possible, as MSC, in the long run, if not the short, is a dead end. If Master Sword is to continue, no pun intended, it's going to have to find a home on a newer engine, as has been the goal for more than half a decade now.

We'll take help where we can get it, but if said help can work on MSS, and the MSS crew is willing to accept it, we'd much rather the help went to them. MSC's existence has been more about attracting developers for MSS, than anything else, for quite awhile now.

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
You deserve that rage, with how far you've been throwing me under the bus in some of your recent recent forum posts. :wink:

All that aside, I've talked to Shoon, but we still have to iron some things out.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Orochi said:
You deserve that rage, with how far you've been throwing me under the bus in some of your recent recent forum posts. :wink:
Moi? Surely you jest... ;)

Granted, I don't see you riding my ass to get my patches out on time, so I suppose I shouldn't be returning the favor. :oops:

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. :wink:

Kenichi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm one of Shoons Chosen six and personally I'd be interested in helping out with this as long as you want my help.

some background:

I have completed 2 years of Games Technology studies at university level
I currently work at Sony Music as a desktop analyst intern

No real experience using Source but have used C++, Java, Flash (lol), and some minor work in other languages before.

If you're interested I'll start reading up on source :D

Happy gaming everyone!

//Kenichi the Captain of Kenmacia

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
If you're one of Shoon's coders, better start boning up on the Source engine ASAP. We're using the Source Engine 2007 (The 2009 source code is not available) so start by using the "Create a Mod" option in the Source SDK while Source Engine 2007 is selected and choose to "Modify Half-Life 2 Multiplayer". That'll get you a source project to mess around with for the time being.

Rebellis

New Adventurer
Reaction score
If we can actually pull MS:S From the bottom of the ocean and make it what it should be that would be awesome I have experience coding Unreal engine and the new Crysis engine plus C++ and java. If ya'll would like some more Help i am fairly certain I can Learn source coding fairly quickly