Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I thought of something that would motivate people to train past 28-30.
I guess everybody agrees that leveling at low levels is way too fast and leveling at high levels is way too slow and pointless due to all the time it takes to gain one single level and most times for only 1 more damage per hit and 0 hp...

What if for levels:
1-10, ½ hp and power bonus.
11-20, X1 hp and power bonus.
21-30, X2 hp and power bonus.
31-40, X4 hp and power bonus.
41-50, X8 hp and power bonus.

This way the game would be much more balanced and newbies would still be level 25 in a few days, but not as powerful as they are so easily and high levels would still have a reason to train besides to try to be the strongest or just because they are bored...
I don't know if it is possible, but I think it could be since Thothie was able to make SC and a few stats give hp.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Ya know, I wonder when someone will make a suggestion thread that doesn't involve making their character more powerful more quickly, and actually adds some new aspect to the game.

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
It will make low levels get strong slower, fixing the low levels training too fast and make the old players think of high level training useful instead of stupid and pointless.
It is just to make things more even, you get what you work for that's all.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
You know, I wonder when you will realize that 800 XP for Atholo just isn't acceptable.

If you can kill Atholo, you've no reason to level any further, currently. I may raise his XP when we have some more 40+ maps.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Thothie said:
If you can kill Atholo, you've no reason to level any further, currently.
Is this an opinion or a fact?

Because the stronger I am, the easier I can kill Atholo, the easier I can farm bloodrose, and the more rares I can get to trade for other rares.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Except - you have all the rares. ;) I mean, really, yer only function at this point is to get other people rares, and put them in the same boat you are in, faster. And if you can get rares faster...

Besides, you can already kill Atholo in 3 minutes, so wadda you care? ;)

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I think levelling is too slow, many agrees on that, people wants to level up, not be stuck on the same level for ages, like me, for an instant, i can play like... 1 hour and i dont have too much time, this game is becomming like wow, it is not casual friendly, it is friendly only to thoose playing 24/7

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Except - you have all the rares. ;) I mean, really, yer only function at this point is to get other people rares, and put them in the same boat you are in, faster. And if you can get rares faster...
I'm still looking for a scroll of fang tooth summoning :mrgreen:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
1 hour and i dont have too much time, this game is becomming like wow
Well, I could say how you could say that model wise, but you level faster now than you ever did before. Took J-M almost a year to get to where most players get to in 3 months now. Took me more than a year of casual play to get to where your average player gets to in 1 month now.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
oh... that is nice, but i still think higer level monsters and bosses should give more xp.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
They do. It's just a very cruel ramp.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
atholo is one of the hardest monster, 800xp really aint enough for such a beast.

the harder, the more xp, after all, what are you going to do with thoose rewards when you cant weat em anyway

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
800xp is the highest for anything currently in the game, Atholo is the meanest thing currently in the game - go fig.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Sometimes I just think you don't even understand what we're trying to tell you, Thothie. But then again, you might think that we don't even understand what you're trying to tell us.

pimpsta

New Adventurer
God of War
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
Sometimes I just think you don't even understand what we're trying to tell you, Thothie. But then again, you might think that we don't even understand what you're trying to tell us.

2 different world

Evaan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Master Sword isn't about leveling, it's about advenure and quests. You gain levels on the way, and your levels is what keeps you from going to places you shouldn't go.

Sadly, we don't have enough quests to prevent people from having to do the same things over and over again.

It's really only during the very first levels, where you, as a peasant, want to master your skills, that you take up on something less evil as boars and rats. From then on, it's more adventuring through the dark caves, cleanse the tomb of Calrian and such, and little camping.

Bosses aren't supposed to be experience treasures, they're supposed to be something you kill for loot and the epic part of it all.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
It is just not fun to be stuck on low levels, like mmorpgs etc, you want to advance and be stronger the more you adventure and the more you fight.

in msc it is just an endless grind doing the same over and over again for one level.

Evaan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
No, we don't need to level faster, we just need adventures that are fun, also during the low levels.

Nobody wants to find a spot and camp enemies for x amount of time in order to level.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
yeah , but i still want to level a bit faster... it goes fine until 20, then levelling gets extremely slow no matter what you kill, on your own level levelling should be moderately fast,

Evaan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Oh, you counted 20 as early.

I thought you meant the 1-10.

Well, I leveled my weapons quite fast when with players tonight, may be because we killed faster as a team.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Evaan said:
Nobody wants to find a spot and camp enemies for x amount of time in order to level.
If only you knew how wrong you are, you would be amazed.

Right now there is only one challenge in this game for all us high level players who have (almost) all the rare items: find a spot where you can level fast and then camp in that spot and kill enemies for x amount of time in order to level.

Evaan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The fact that you're not "supposed" to doesn't mean you can't choose to.

If that's how you want to play, that's how you want to play, but we can't alter the game based on your style of play, and I would not be pleased to see the game go down that route (where exp is more important than exploration).

I'm sure you being a 41 Fencer don't need to level up any higher than you are, unless your goal is to solo Atholo, which shouldn't be possible (at least not without dying several times).

To me, it seems your challenge is to make the game less challening.
I understand that you need something to make the game more fun after pretty much beating the game (which is why expansion packs are released).

I hope not to see the day when regular players are as gods, but I hope that PVP might be a bigger aspect of the game than it is today, to give end game players something fun to do.

In the old Master Sword, I remember we had guild battles.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'm just going by the FN logs and noting that most characters that last more than a month, stop being used at level 35-40, after they have just about every item.

Level 20-30 give you the widest range of maps that still provide a challenge in this game, at the moment, so we want to keep people in this level range as long as possible.

After 35, there's nothing to do but farm for that "one crappy item" you don't have. Nothing short of Atholo stands much of a chance of killing you in groups - and even he has to be cheap about it. There are only a handful of dedicated players that stick with the game at that point.

And people get to that point way too fast. They get there about 5x-10x as fast as they ever did before, and they are getting there faster and faster with every release, because more and more items are getting put in, and there are more and more high level characters to toss them nifty items to make them level even faster.

Therefor, more and more of the maps in the world become obsolete to them faster than ever before and the game hits that dead-end "nothing to do but farm" wall faster, and faster. It was bad enough when Edana became pointless after an twenty minutes- now sfor, and thornlands are pointless within about 2 hours, when they used to be good for days, daragoth is useless within a day where it used to be good for months, and that situation is rapidly worsening.

Therefor, I'm much more likely to halve the XP on every creature in the game, than make you level faster. The game world simply isn't large enough to handle the rate of leveling as it is.

Evaan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
That's my point of view on it also, mainly because we don't have the adventure to fill it up.

Granted, I think it's fun to gain levels and evolve my character. It's exciting to wonder how much more powerful my character becomes with a power increase.