FIFA World Cup 2010.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Damn your professional acting degrees, Spain.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
haha, there goes netherlands! :roll:

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Yeah, because Spain decided to be b!tches and dive the whole time.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
For the third time in history the Netherlands reached a World Cup final (1974, 1978, 2010) and for the third time we got beaten.

The match was really bad though. I'm truly ashamed of the amount of disgusting fouls the Netherlands did. On the other hand, it's really sad to see that Spain got awarded so many free kicks for just diving to the ground and obviously I'm also quite sad that the referee made some really bad calls.

Sabre said:
Damn your professional acting degrees, Spain.
Sabre said:
Yeah, because Spain decided to be b!tches and dive the whole time.
I can only partially agree because - as I already mentioned - the Netherlands just played really dirty. When I see shit like this, I can only feel ashamed. The Netherlands didn't show the high-quality football I know from two years ago, during Euro 2008...

My personal review of all the Dutch players who participated in the match:
  • Stekelenburg: He's still a great goalie because he made a couple of fascinating saves. Truly one of the best players of the Dutch national team.
  • Van der Wiel: He constantly tries to outrun his opponents when he should just pass the ****ing ball. And he got a yellow card, the moron. Why on ****ing earth he was even allowed to play by Van Marwijk, I do not know.
  • Heitinga: His first yellow card was really stupid. I don't now what Heitinga was thinking. He made a great save later on in the game and then he got screwed by the referee with a second yellow card. Everyone could see from kilometres away that he barely even touched Iniesta. Spanish acting work screwed Heitinga over and that's just sad, because his performance wasn't terrible.
  • Mathijsen: Missing the ball (i.e. not even hitting it) when you have a great chance at scoring is already bad, but having such a big ****ing mouth to the referee that you get a yellow card is just unbelievably stupid.
  • Van Bronckhorst: He's still a great player but it's just so sad that he had to be a butcher too and receive a yellow card. I feel bad for Van Bronckhorst though... this was his last match, ever. He already announced he'd stop after this World Cup.
  • Van Bommel: Didn't play as good as usual. The yellow card was just plain stupid. He shouldn't have done that.
  • De Jong: WHY DON'T YOU KICK THE BALL INSTEAD OF THE PLAYERS YOU STUPID FUCK? Be happy you didn't get an instant red for that karate kick.
  • Robben: His first attempt at a goal was really good. I guess he just had bad luck. His second attempt was hindered by that Puyol bastard, who really should have just gotten his second yellow card for obstruction. Robben, however, should have just accepted the god awful call of the referee, rather than shout so much at him as to get a yellow card. I mean... God, shut up dude!
  • Sneijder: Where oh where was Wesley Sneijder, the co-topscorer of the tournament? His pass to Robben was really good but I don't recall him doing anything fancy next to that.
  • Kuyt: By far the best player of the Dutch national team if you ask me. Kuyt always gives everything he's got, he rarely makes fouls, and he just doesn't seem to get tired. Too bad he got substituted.
  • Van Persie: While almost all of the Netherlands was screaming that Van Persie just shouldn't play because he's such a soloist at times, the coach let him screw up during the full 120 minutes. That's just bad. The yellow card he got is even worse though.
  • Elia: Didn't get enough chances to show his skill.
  • Van der Vaart: I really expected way more of Van der Vaart, but I guess he only had twenty minutes to show what he could do.
  • Braafheid: Why Braafheid? What's the point? What can Braafheid do? What has he ever done? Boulahrouz would have been a better substitution if you ask me... Or perhaps Hunterlaar or Afellay, as a more offensive substitution, rather than defensive.

And my review of some of the actors:
  • Puyol: He really should have gotten a second yellow card for the way he was blocking Robben. The bastard.
  • Ramos: He's pretty good and had a few great chances, which he should not have gotten. But the Dutch defense just gave it all away.
  • Villa: One of the few Spaniards who was actually playing football without fouling or acting. I'd almost say it's a pity he got substituted, but it was to the advantage of the Dutch.
  • Fàbregas, Iniesta and Xavi: Why don't you bastards go dive some more? As for Iniesta: You did a great job screwing Heitinga out of the game. Ass.

At one point, when the Spanish were attacking, three of them just went to the ground, near or in the penalty area, in an attempt to get a free kick or a penalty. It was just incredibly cheap. Fortunately, at that point, the referee didn't have shit in his eyes.

However, the numbers don't lie. The Dutch just played really dirty:
  • Team that did the most fouling in the entire tournament: Netherlands (126 fouls, resulting in 22 yellow cards and one red, as a result of two yellows in a row)
  • Team that did the SECOND most fouling: Uruguay (99 fouls)
  • Team that got the Fair Play Award: Spain (81 fouls, eight yellow cards, five of which in the final)

On the other hand, both finalists had a hard time in the tournament:
  • Team that got fouled most: Spain (134 times fouled)
  • Team that got fouled SECOND most: Netherlands (116 times fouled)

And then there's the horrible referee. Why on earth did he:
  • Not award a corner after the ball went outside of the field after clearly hitting the shoulder of one of the Spanish players?
  • Give Heitinga the second yellow card?
  • Not give Puyol a second yellow card for blocking Robben?
  • Not do anything about that offside pass, just seconds before Spain scored the 1 - 0?

Still though, in the end, in all honesty I must say that neither the terrible referee nor the Spanish acting work doomed the Netherlands. It was the majority of the own team. Rather than play football, they were just fouling roughly half the time. If you want to play like that, you shouldn't win the World Cup.

TL;DR:
Between all the fouling done by both teams (particularly by the Netherlands), all the acting (almost exclusively by Spain), and some terrible calls by the referee, the quality of football shown by the Spanish was better than that shown by the Dutch. They were better so they earned the World Cup.

And losing to Spain is a lot better than losing to:
  • Italy, because I hate that violent, man slaughtering defender that is Materazzi.
  • Uruguay, because I also hate the cheating little fuck known as Suárez.
  • Germany, because the Netherlands losing to Germany is as, for example, Brazil losing to Argentina. Rivalry...
  • Portugal, because Ronaldo is a stupid little soloist kiddie who thinks he dominates the world (Messi is better by the way). And I'm also saying this to annoy zeus.
  • Brazil, because their entire team is made up almost exclusively of spoiled brats who do even more fouling than the Dutch players.

zeus said:
haha, there goes netherlands! :roll:
Hey, at least the Netherlands didn't get knocked out in the Round of 16 :mrgreen:

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Wish the US would have gone further this time around...Our team doesn't dive...But I think we shall own, come 2014. It's only uphill from here!

The Valorous

New Adventurer
Reaction score
US still needs more home-grown talent. Give it another decade.

And I hate HATE HATE Puyol. Little whiny dirty bastard. Even though I'm a quarter Spanish, I couldn't root for them. Because of Puyol.