Do Volcano and Fire Wall still level that mystery stat?

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
With the new EXP system, DoT only seems to give EXP if you have the button held down (which is exploitable sadly), so do things like Volcano and Fire Wall (single casts that cannot be held down (I think?)) still level?

I ask because my volcano still does the same damage and I've been using it for ages.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, Volcano shoulda changed dramatically damage a few times several months ago as it had some serious re-working.

It *does* still level the mystery stat - however, it is no longer dependant on the mystery stat for damage - it instead pulls this from your Fire skill, as it makes for a much more predictable damage ramp than the mystery stat.

The damage it does is now all applyeffect damage, and of a type that does not stack. So you can't put it directly under a boss and watch him instantly die from rapid fireballs, monsters only take the DOT clicks, regardless of how many their are hit by. DOT was subsequently raised to compensate.

Not sure if we gave firewall the same treatement, but we likely should.

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
The damage it does is now all applyeffect damage, and of a type that does not stack. So you can't put it directly under a boss and watch him instantly die from rapid fireballs, monsters only take the DOT clicks, regardless of how many their are hit by. DOT was subsequently raised to compensate.

:| That's not how a volcano works. Can you at least change it so every fire ball damages on normal monsters? Then give boss monsters a flag that makes the damage applyeffect.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
No, as it's also what tended to make volcano go crashie. ...'sides, it's been this way most of the year, now that I think of it.