Curved XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoned

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Can we please see some curved XP in MSC? It will make everything much faster when grinding, it was done on a friend of mine's server. He altered it or the creator of amx XP mod might have done this, added cruved XP. The more XP you earn and the lower your the amount of XP you have, the more Xp you would gain. Now I dont want to see "Well your just suggesting that so you an get stronger" bull s-h-i-t, im not. Everyone in the entire MSC community is pissed off on how we level. It sucks to grind in MSC and is very unrewarding as well.

And I forgot to add, the amx plugin was for Sven Co-op

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
not_this_sh-t_again.jpg

I should really just sig that and be done with it. >_>

*sigh* I suppose this is inevitably going to come up every now and again. It does in every MORPG forums. Hell, I've seen WoW forums with entire sections dedicated to it. So, despite the million threads about here and everywhere else on the web on the subject, we midas well go over the obvious once again.

• Grinding is a core part of every MORPG - Any MORPG without grinding ceases to be an MORPG, and simply becomes a simple coop game. You can ensure everyone reaches a certain moderate level quickly, resulting once again, in at least partial elimination of the MORPG concept, or try to ensure, as we do, that the majority of your players spend most of their time in a certain level range. But beyond that, the best you can do is mitigate the frustration by presenting as many varieties of grinding as possible - for be it rats or dragons you are slaying, all cooperative MORPG play is, essentially, grinding.

• MSC Players level faster than ever before or ever intended - The original creators of MS set it up so it took, more or less, a year to reach the upper level limits, and now most players pull it off in matter of months. (And before some vet pulls the "What about when we had XP multipliers on Lodagond?" - I should point out that in order to survive Lodagond, in any role other than that of leech, you had to have had already reached said levels.)

• When players reach the maximum levels, there are less maps for them to visit, less things for them to do, no more items to acquire, and a great number of them discover the only thing they have left to entertain themselves with, is twinking lower level players with their ever growing horde of duplicate items. This causes the players afflicted by them to level even faster, reach the same position faster, and repeat the process, thus the vicious cycle accelerates ad infinitum. In addition, the vast majority of abandoned characters (ie. players who quit the game) are players who obtained every item in the game at a given time, though twinks, before they acquired even half the levels required to actually gather said items, as a direct result of so many "stuck at the top" players running about. The faster players level, the more we have "stuck at the top", and the more those players level beyond the game's capacity, the faster they acquire duplicate items to further accelerate the problem.

Never mind all the players who reach level 30, and are still able to say, "What's Gertenheld?" or "Isle? Where's that?", and still manage to get horribly lost in mscaves. *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.