classes

Which form of "classes" do you want?

• The ability to choose your own class and specialize in it. You will level up slower in other classes

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • The ability to choose your own class, and get a boost in that stat, but save the ability to be a JoA

• Keep it like MS:C, just choose your weapon at the beggining.

• Total voters

Snow Wolf / RaZoR

New Adventurer
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:
i'd say leave that first option to races, IE: elves would be better with sword/bow/magic (and train slower in the other weapon stats), whereas dwarves are more the warhammer/axe/MA type (but train slower at sword/bow/magic)...humans are the "JoAT" that would train equally in all stats.

(haven't Read other pages)
What about

Unholy = Spell Casting,Material Arts.
and maybe something like elemental classes, like you punch something then its burning/poisoned, whatever, so you dont need gauntlets.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
Not having a class system is going to be a big mistake ... im not going to argue about it any but think about why co-op is only made by making bosses unbeleivably powerful ... last thing im saying

defactoduck

New Adventurer
Reaction score
HAY GUYS IM NOT GONNA SAY WHY BUT YOURE WRONG

K

I WONT BACK IT UP OR ANYTHING

BUT SRSLY

UR WRONG

K

[A]

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Let's say we take this a step further and introduce a stat table. Rather than an automated level up system, you're given points to distribute just like in most RPGs. These points determine your class, dependant on your forte, allowing you to specialize in more than one skill while still maintaining a single class.

not that I've worked with one (or, dear god, hope to), but I hear a stat-build table isn't that complicated if done competently.

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
The names warlock and grimlock reminds me of WOW, so nom we aren't putting those names in.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
It also reminds me of EVERY OTHER GODDAMN RPG.

So let's not use any titles from any other RPGs lawlamirite?

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
Nah, good rpgs, stay away from WOW and thats how they are successful... I've played:

FFXI - And most of the others
Rappelz 3 and 4
Everquest 2
Runescape ( i wish i didn't ><)
Thousands of browser rpgs.
Freelancer (stfu its an rpg)
A couple of text based rpgs
Half life 2 mod rpgs
The Witcher
Oblivion
Dark Messiah

And the other thousand ones i can't be arsed to name at all...

None of those RPG's have the names Warlock in them. Proves the point that the name "Warlock" isn't in every RPG, so stfu and gtfo.

Shadeska

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Can we use Warrock? :)

If we're having so much trouble with classes right now, then we should start off simple, like this.
1. You choose a class which determines what weapons you CAN use.
2. You level your initial weapon skill to a certain level where you may use weapons similar to it. I.E. Lvl up dagger, then be able to use heavy swords and vice-versa.
3. Because ALL the base weapon types will be COMPLETELY DIFFERENT (which could take some work...) people will always feel they are doing somethign new and building their character. As opposed to seeing their overall attack increase 3 dmg. per level.

Ok...so maybe that wasn't as simple as I'd imagined it but it would make the game interesting, ya'know? If we just made the weapons so far removed from eachother instead of it always being "click to attack person immediately in front of you."