classes

Which form of "classes" do you want?

• The ability to choose your own class and specialize in it. You will level up slower in other classes

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • The ability to choose your own class, and get a boost in that stat, but save the ability to be a JoA

• Keep it like MS:C, just choose your weapon at the beggining.

• Total voters

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
ceriux said:
* havnt read any of the other posts but im just gunna leave a comment*

basically i look at it this way... if limit everyone to one class rather than being a jack of all trades, it make team work to be required even more... which might make the game even more interactive and more "co-op"

i agree with this for one reason, look at sven coop, some maps u get all the weapons and everyone goes off on their own dieing by some incredibly hard boss, while if they only had a a crowbar and a 357 then ppl would work together like 1 person distracting and 1 pperosn shooting and once hes out of ammo do the same, and once hes out of ammo well.... charge!!!

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
excatly whats the point of a "new" game if its nothing is going to be "new" why would you just make the same exact game for another engine... it just doesnt seem to work well... even things in half-life 2 were differnt that n hl1...

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
rofl that'd suck. *starts running... it gets really dark*

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Well, it depends on the explaination of glow. If glow is something you have to concentrate on (or something of that sort) instead of just a spell that makes light follow you no matter what you do, then being tired WOULD have an affect on it.

Perhaps low level glow would go down with stamina, but higher level glow spells wouldn't ;-)

Shadeska

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I can also imagine picking up a empty mana potion and throwing it at a guard then having him chase me with his mace...ok, maybe we shouldn't make it TOO different.

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Looks like I'll go for a combination of 1 and 2 because one vote isn't much of a difference.

J-M v2.5.5 said:
Looks like Source will never be released.

Could be.

Tirex

New Adventurer
Reaction score
First, be specialized in a certain area and wear a fancy class title.
how about having the choice of a Main class and a sub class

like you have to choose your mixes at the begging of a new character and u could specialize in those 2 classes and those two only... like maybe... axe and magic like you say, or archer and daggers, or sword and shield?
I'd like that, but how about a new specialization every 10 or so levels?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
The idea of buying skills is incredibly stupid, and just begs for people to find money 'sploits.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
i could see purchasing "training" for special techniques...but i'd still rather have quests for those...no buying skills.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Aye.. Quests and hard work == good. Sitting in front of a computer for hours to pick up gold coins to get one level of swordsmanship == bad.

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
this talk of quests to get skills reminds me... there should be a better tutorial system for source.

There could be "quests" disguised as tutorial for the player. Hopefully something flashier than the generic ..

"Kill the boars in my garden, they reproduce out of thin air!

I swear they are magic boars! By the way I'm not even going to pay you.

You look tired from killing those boars that just keep coming back. You should buy a potion from me for the price of... All of the gold in your pocket!

The boars stopped spawning? Guess that means I'm not going to pay you.

See ya later sucker!"

daevolution

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Suprised no one suggested Stat points and skill points.
eg. 3 Stat points is gained per level and the player gets to choose which one to add it to. Whether it be Strength(+Weightlimit,+AttackPower), Constitution(+Health, +Armour) etc etc etc

With stat points you could kill two birds with one stone and the system creates a great deal of individuality between each player because everyone can have different stats.

And as for class titles you could also set them according to the majority stats being used and the highest weapon/magic skill level *NO MORE PARRY PLEASE*.

Not to mention this system also lets one be a Joat, but in order to be a joat you must gain more stat points and work harder. *But thats like in real life anyways, to be good at everything you have to work thrice as hard.

peace.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I don't really have an argument, but I'm whole-heartedly against the Stat Point system. I really hate that system...

Red Cell

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
So you hate it just because?...

I don't think that's too bad of an idea. It would give you a great deal of flexibility.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I'm kinda with MIB on this one. Maybe if your stats increased normally, and every 3-4 skill points you got a bonus 1-2 stat points to spend... Maybe. I like having to plan what kinda stats you want and raise your skills accordingly.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
The idea of buying skills is incredibly stupid, and just begs for people to find money 'sploits.

how so, it could help with economy problems and if you buy 1 skill to where u are now able to use it people can then level it giving them something to do... not only that! it would give people differnt styles and everyone wouldnt be running around doing everything! that way there can still be some differnce in the game... the joat thing is kinda boring... there's hardly differnces in characters.... because everyone is going for the same items... now if this was split up into classes people would have more reason to interact be it co-op reasons or just trading between each other because maybe that swordsman has the special axe i want?!

defactoduck

New Adventurer
Reaction score
why not venture away from a class system? at character creation simply select a template that provides for an initial boost to certain skills, but then its free form

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
because reguardless of "skill boosts" or not everyone will still all have the same exact gear just as now... not only that if everyone can train in every single skill, they will have less use of co-oprativeness ... maybe if you did it sorta like they did in morrowind... that training in other weapons and armor proficiences is pretty much worthless ... either way whats the point of making a mod thats excatly the same... oh my im sorry i forgot the small boost you get when u start with that class, thats such a ... well differnce isnt it... and it helps so much with the problems we have now in msc....

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
anyone played mastersword 1.01?

they had a class system, you started with boosted weapon stats but you could still raise others.