Cheater Violation?

Arkanthis

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I was just playing on my own server with a couple other peeps just messing around killing stuff on nightmare_thornlands and all of a sudden I get a message in a popup window "Cheater violaton: Server and (3) seam IDs sent to FN." or something like that (didnt get time to look at it) and it closed my game.

What does this mean? As far as I know no one was doing anything out of the ordinary.

Edit: Oh, and I put this in the FN section because the message mentioned FN, is that allright or should this be in support?

Humming Bird

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Meh, you get that if you use an illegal command... cheat commands. I accidentally triggered it though. I was looking for something in a map, I got teh FN backup archives, then I turned off FN. I turned on my godmode, and got flagged for a cheater. I guess I would request a rollback to clear my record, even though I swear my server was off FN...

EDIT: Ah! I took it change ms_central_enabled to 0 in my amxx.cfg, but forgot to in my server.cfg >.< Now I really need a rollback to clear my record.

Arkanthis

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I didn't use any commands (I dont know very much about running a server and admining) could one of the people that were in the server have caused it?

Humming Bird

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hmm... Sounds weird. I can't really look into it for you though, we gotta wait until probably Blasto or Thothie comes.

Well, its a new system, so there has got to be some bugs that come along with it.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
hmm interesting its the first I have heard of this happening, thothie may know more about it.

Humming Bird

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Blasto121 said:
hmm interesting its the first I have heard of this happening, thothie may know more about it.

No, its a new cheat protection he implented in the JUN patch.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
and like I said before thothie knows more about it than me.

So this is something above me, I don't know what the thing does, so how should I be expected to fix it? I just host FN, and know how the base server works, beyond that I don't know much else.

Humming Bird

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Meh, well its supposed to send your steamID+server to [FN]. Then I believe, you are supposed to investigate, Blasto.

But issue is, it has false detections too, which I'll talk to Thothie later about.

oaktree2

New Adventurer
Reaction score
FN backup archives? is it a FN char backup? Cool, how do you get it?
I want to use my char on non FN approved maps (mostly my maps that i made b/c i was bored).