Cheated maps request

rewhymo

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I dont know the first thing about mapping so im not really interested in learning how to make maps myself. Back a few years ago a guy gave me a map that i since lost .i dont care about playing online with anyone i only want to play on my own lan server.

If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

greatguys1

Epic Adventurer
MSC Developer
Warriors of the North
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Asking for cheats is punishable by death around here.

MS:C community

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
He's talking about LAN though. I was under the impression that off of [FN], everything goes.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Sure, but we ain't helping ya cheat here.

https://www.msremake.com/help/terms

Mainly because someone will eventually try to make it work on FN, which is just more headaches for us.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
I thought it was so people didn't abandon FN back when 300xp was the highest amount of xp you could get from any monster..

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Nah. Much rather have cheaters abandon FN than stay on it. If they all did that, we'd have a colony on moon by now. (Or rather, a map on the moon - always wanted a map on the moon.)

rewhymo

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i really dont know how i could promise that i wouldnt use the maps to use one the FN servers. I really have no intent on playing with other people. i just want to play the game alone.

greatguys1

Epic Adventurer
MSC Developer
Warriors of the North
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
i really dont know how i could promise that i wouldnt use the maps to use one the FN servers. I really have no intent on playing with other people. i just want to play the game alone.
Lots of people often like to help out when you play online, although, they will leave you alone if you ask 'em. (At least, usually.) Not to mention you get double xp when playing on FN servers and your characters are stored on a central server so you can play the same chars across any FN server. Not many people are liable to help you with a cheat map around here, especially because the history that cheats had on this game. https://www.msremake.com/threads/what-is-the-development-history-of-master-sword.6345/#post-113376

rewhymo

New Adventurer
Reaction score
after reading that whole history i dont know why you dont just go all ham and make a full stand alone game through kick starter? It might bring the old people back and with a better engine might make for a much more wholesome game.

greatguys1

Epic Adventurer
MSC Developer
Warriors of the North
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Thothie can probably answer this question best, but with ~20 years of development under MSC, it'd just be a task too big to probably realistically accomplish. With proper knowledge, planning, and execution, it definitely can be done, though I just don't think there's much motivation to do so. Not to mention having to rewrite over 3000 scripts or somehow making them compatible with a new version.
There were plans for a source version, but I don't know where that's at right now. It always seems to fall through.

Last edited:

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

Hey man thanks, was looking for this image the other day.

thoth_logo_notthisagain_fix2-png.4903

:p

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
after reading that whole history i dont know why you dont just go all ham and make a full stand alone game through kick starter? It might bring the old people back and with a better engine might make for a much more wholesome game.
If I had a reliable, professional coder on call who would do it for money, I might consider it (or just straight up pay him), but I'm not the sort to grab money from folks without knowing I can deliver. Beyond that, what slows MSC development is not a matter of funds, but a matter of manpower (and in my case, personally, the quality/health/life of the manpower in question), well, that, and it seems 90% of our development time is spent dealing with cheaters as we hemorrhage developers to drama. (More so during the aforementioned history.)

We may end up a stand alone patch after next though.

Kanta

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
An exciting thought. Unrelated question while we're here, do you plan on increasing the level cap for FN in this upcoming patch or perhaps the one after?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Eh... We'll have to see what Oyster's maps finalize into - they seem to be getting easier with iterations rather than harder though (thankfully, in my opinion). The other maps we have on the front burner are all easier than those (at least, in terms of combat stats - troll puzzles maybe another factor). However, I think we'd really only need maybe two or three more that were, before we had to raise the level cap. (Sadly the same thing I said in 2016, IIRC, but none of these new maps are more difficult than the few we added in the last public release.)

I'd say one, but that puts you in a place where you've nothing better to do but that one map and twink, getting more people into that same position faster. Getting the storyline forks off the ground, or the new race out, however, would make it more viable to do sooner, as you'd have more motive to start over. Titles would help a bit too, provided we included Title restricted items, but a bit of a mixed bag, and it seems the last stab to fix the resetting Title bug failed.

rewhymo

New Adventurer
Reaction score
if iknew anything of game design i would help. But it all seem like gyberish to me. Mad respect for you guys who do understand it.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Eh... We'll have to see what Oyster's maps finalize into - they seem to be getting easier with iterations rather than harder though (thankfully, in my opinion). The other maps we have on the front burner are all easier than those (at least, in terms of combat stats - troll puzzles maybe another factor). However, I think we'd really only need maybe two or three more that were, before we had to raise the level cap. (Sadly the same thing I said in 2016, IIRC, but none of these new maps are more difficult than the few we added in the last public release.)

What if you picked a few of the self adjusting maps and increased their self adjusting to higher tiers with perhaps a possible enemy rework for these higher tiers? Instead of self adjusting a lvl 20 map to say, 35 or 40, have it self adjust all the way up to 50. This is like recicling some of the content already in the game while also giving players a purpose to play these maps and to keep leveling up if they feel like it. When i was active, my biggest fear was hitting the cap too fast, i enjoy that moment of progression, being capped means you are limited to that. I know alot of people would probably not agree with this has this would more than likely create even more redicolous scenarios with certain npcs in this game (like the greater earth elemental, if he was to scale even further). But yeah, it's just an idea that could be messed around with.

Other than this, you could try doing virtual levels... Force the game to be capped at 45 atm but xp can still be earnt towards the final cap of the game, but these levels after 45 are only visual, it wouldn't impact on stats untill the cap was increased again.

Last suggestion: instead of increasing the cap to 50, perhaps increase the cap to 47 or 48, then increase it to 50 at some other point in the future. Better off with something than nothing at all. Giving a small increase would give maxed players some reason to actively play the game.

Kanta

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
I just want a nice even level of hp. :')