Calrian story? *Spoilers*

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
So he's a Lord, and yet his Ruins are placed in the middle of a dark forest? Why was he buried there :p? And how is he reanimated, by whom?

I noticed in Calruin2 that his tomb sinks into the floor. I thought this was to stop people hiding behind it to kill him where he can't reach. But upon finding the Blacksmith he said that Calrian will return as we didn't destroy the tomb. So does he say that simply as a story input to say why Calrian returns over and over. Cos I tried destroying the tomb before it sank into the floor, but no avail.

Who ever made Calrian2, nice job on the Blacksmith fight, difficult yet do-able, love the method you can use to kill him, rather than brute force. Great little stratedgy. Got the good drop first time :D

And also, I was told Rebuke Undead drops from Calrian, I haven't seen it yet... I really need it to level up magic but can't seem to get it. Can anyone verify this?

*sig out od date*

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
He was a powerful defender of the human powers, but when the forest got cursed his castle was overrun and he became reanimated under malgoriand's service.

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Is that meant to be his entrance to the castel right next to the transition to calruins? It's like a big wall witha door.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i dont know what that door is for...

zEdge3

New Adventurer
Reaction score
that door is for sfor2 i think :wink: and i believe lor malgoriand sent his dread lord general undamael to lauch a great assault on which the zone of calrian ruled (south central daragoth) calrian fought back but was defeated and im sure that the fact of since undamael was undead in master sword he will also be undead in the release of sfor2 with him in master sword continued and im sure he brought calrian back to life to serve as his puppet for the time being but im more curious about his brother the blacksmith..

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
That's a good point actually about the blacksmith.

Sfor2? That door has been there since I first ever played MS... Sfor2 been a long time in the making :p?

So can Calrian's Tomb actually be destroyed, or does the blacksmith say that as story input rather than I actually failed?

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Story input, I think. If something's going to happen, I suggest that the Blacksmith drops a 'Maul of Brimstone' which has a special attack that re-raises the tomb and lets you break it.

That would seriously kick rather-boney-butt.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Back in the ol'MS1.0 days & that such... the big door across the broken bridge (I suspect you mean that one) was the entrance to Undamael. A skellie boss of SUCH IMMENSE POWER... that he would literally break the strongest shield of the time within twelve hits.

Usually the weakest player had his ass lined up against that boss while all of the strongest ones hit him with everything they had... and if they died, a new shield was bought for the noober-player and they went at it again :oldlol:

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
I thought that was unnofical and was removed lol?

Jeez does Rebuke Undead drop of this guy? I've killed him loads now... Please someone at least say "Yes" or "No" (Truthfully) So I know I'm not wasting my time...

I've also searched all over nightmare_thornlands as I heard you can get poison there... I haven't found anything good, except a certain sword.

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ok!

So Calrian was a "good" guy and he was not on the side of Malgoriand... but when he was inevitably pwned. Lor Malrogiand had to be a mean bastard and reanimate him under his service.

Is Garonhroth Calrian's brother? Or when Calrian says in calruin2 "You're too late, my brother is already here! ahahaha!" does he refer to him as a brother like a comrade? Where does Charthane fit into all this? If he is the good king of the forest before it fell to Malgoriand, then was he a buddy of Calrian? Or were they enemies?

Is this supposed to make sense, or was the story lost in the introduction of new boss monsters(garonhroth) and the ol switch'a'roo of dev teams?

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
In sfor for 1.0 undamael was acessed in the old spider cave by breaking a wall that let you fall in his prison.

that door was unused even back then.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Hmm.. must've been some sorta custom map cuz I thought you used to take the old skeletal key to that door or something... or that perhaps you were teleported just outside that door after having killed Undamael...

UNDAMAEL CERIAL! HIGH FIBER AND PROTEIN! IT IS A REAL "MAEL" (meal punt)

Sorry, couldn't resist that... I've thought "food" looking at the second half of his name for so long....

In Reply To Mario:
If you want the story, request it from Lanethan. I believe he is an original dev, the maker of the story even. So, that means he has all of it... unchanged unless he decided to change it.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
You used the skeleton key in an old rusty keyhole that called the

"ahh the smell of fresh blooood" trigger.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
And that was in the room Undamael spawned, no?

And right after using the key....

You had noob #1, and if you had enough of them, a noob #2, stand nearby the boss with heavy shields while you hittem from afar 8)

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
I don't remember that so I guess I quit MS 1.0 before then. It was too hard to get my character any good as it used to glitch so much and my character would go poof.

I finally found Poison so I don't need Rebuke undead till my poison slows down... Still want Rebuke undead though.

Oedipus

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
Noob number one just blocked with longsword and noobs 2-6 hit him with +attack for 5 mins was great fun ;D

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
So it involved the methof of "Throw more noobs at it" lol?

Meatshields :D