Brawl

!=-PhoeniX-=!

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
Who here plays Super Smash Brothers Brawl? If you do i can PM my friends code and we can play together on some of my maps that i made.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
RecklessFire said:
Snow Wolf / RaZoR said:

its super smash bros. brawl....the only game worth playing on the wii imo

Yeah, the only game that might get me to actually play a Wii.

PS3 is going to pwn in the long run.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The game is good but the hype made it seems as if it was going to be alot better (which should have been, considering this game is really popular, but anyway, idiot fanboys will still buy the games even if its just a glorified version of Melee).

Some final smashes are crappy compared to others, they axed characters (dont care if they replaced lucario with mewtwo, I want damn mewtwo)and the roster could been alot bigger.

Smash Bros Melee 1.5?

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I actually didn't like Melee that much. The original was slower paced but seemed more fun to me, i've never been one for going back in time due to rapid button mashing in specific orders. I was glad to see with brawl that it turned back a bit and slowed things back down, which made it more enjoyable.

Add the co-op story mode with quite a bit of FMV, a few charecters that in my mind matter more (althoug Mega man would've been great :p), a more diverse playing style across the board, Kirby better than the trash as he was in melee (love that pink ball of fluff), Map builder (as simple as it is), online play an all the unlockables and I deffinitly don't think the game should get the label of melee 1.5.

Better than melee? Deffinitly. As good as it should have been? Enh, no. Nintendo could've stepped it up a bit more, made it a bit more balanaced (Some super smashes DO kick the crap out of others. Super sonic is just about as OP as you can get), maybe a bit more flashy here and there and a better custom map builder and it would've far surpassed my expectations.

8.5/10. Can't wait to get it for myself instead of whoring out my friends house for it.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I hope Solid Snake doesn't fail. Someone tell me, cause SS is probably my new Kirby(Kirby FTW, eh Thraxis?).

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Sabre said:

Well.. if you take a look at http://nexgenwars.com/..

Oh if only GTA was exclusive to the PS3.. (but it isn't, and the 360 even gets more.)

But really, I have all three consoles, so I'm very happy. I don't think any of them are outstandingly better than the other (I'm one of those rare people you find these days that doesn't care about graphics or features such as HD movies or.. being able to install an operating system. I'm fine with XP on a laptop. What I'm interested in is games. Just games. Nothing else. As it stands right now, Xbox & Wii > PS3 games wise, and it will stay that way for awhile. And no, just because MGS is coming out doesn't mean the PS3 will become the greatest selling console of all time.)

Like I said, if you think I'm biased, I have/have had all three consoles in my house at the same time and I've played them all.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Sabre said:
r_lol_original.gif
r_lol_original.gif
r_lol_original.gif
r_lol_original.gif
r_lol_original.gif

r_lol_tears.gif

!=-PhoeniX-=!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Sabre said:
I hope Solid Snake doesn't fail. Someone tell me, cause SS is probably my new Kirby(Kirby FTW, eh Thraxis?).

I just recently got Solid Snake in the Subspace thingy and Snake isnt that bad.

His final smash is pretty good.

But the funny thing is... LULZ IM SOO SMART IMMA AIM MY RPG AT THE GROUND!!!!! LULULULZ!!!!!!

RecklessFire

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
tehrilez said:
And no, just because MGS is coming out doesn't mean the PS3 will become the greatest selling console of all time.)

i agree.....it will be FFXIII.....damn i wish i had a ps3 :oldcry:

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Sabre said:
J-M v2.5.5 said:
Sabre said:
r_lol_original.gif
r_lol_original.gif
r_lol_original.gif
r_lol_original.gif
r_lol_original.gif

r_lol_tears.gif

Price drop, fewl.

PC is still better, but console wise that's where I'm putting my money down. ;)

r_lol_tears.gif

Price drops are no match for GTAIV exclusive content, Gears Of War 2 (exclusive), Bioshock 2 (Xbox and PC), Mass Effect 2(exclusive), Saints Row 2 (not exclusive, but still going to sell better on 360, read decent online service), Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (not exclusive, online again.), not to mention the Xbox already has a two year head start, a giant fan base, the only DECENT ONLINE SERVICE AVAILABLE, the new nanometer 65 chips, and more.

Metal Gear Solid and FFXIII. I think those are the only games anyone could possibly look forward to on PS3. But those games are so over hyped I doubt they'll be that good (look at brawl, it's sort of an "average" game)

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I agree on that. Nintendo took advantage of the massive hype so they could put less effort into Brawl (not that is bad but it could easily be twice as good)

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/13/febru ... -trailing/

sales figures are starting to say otherwise, PS3 sales are picking up. People are moving away from the 360 with its horrible fail failure rate.

I also need to point this out but your GTA 4 on the 360 has pissed off Rock Star, because of the lack of a requred HDD for the system they had to shrink the world and remove some elements from the game, the only reason they are making exclusive content for the system is a way to get that version to sell more. The PS3 version on the other hand will load faster, look better, and have a better overall experience. I won't even go into the media restraint that they ran into when trying to shove the game into one Dual Layer DVD.

On another note most of those games you listed off won't be exclusive forever, most if not all are being ported to the PC. Another thing is developers are starting to get the feel for how the PS3 handles code and are now starting to find they can make games just as quickly on it as the 360. It is only a matter of time before the PS3 is in 2nd place, it still has a long way to go to win over the Wii. Oh and before you go bashing the wii as a kinda poor system with barely any good games, one has to keep in mind that the casual gamer is the most common of gamers, and the wii is the most casual of consoles.

on a side note I just have to mention this, Metal Gear 4 will be the first game to fill an entire Dual Layer Blue Ray disk, we are talking a full 50 Gigs of data. Fact they didn't have enough space to add the Japaneses dialog into the disc like they wanted.

!=-PhoeniX-=!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
But wait... how the heck is the DS in the lead right now? I don't understand that should be in last even if its cheap the graphics and possibly the gameplay sucks.

The most common problem i find with wii games are the camera angles. I got the Simpsons Game like right once it came out and the angles were horrible in co-op and it was so short.

On the game list thing, I think Crysis should've topped all of them or atleast got in second.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
!=-PhoeniX-=! said:
But wait... how the heck is the DS in the lead right now? I don't understand that should be in last even if its cheap the graphics and possibly the gameplay sucks.

The most common problem i find with wii games are the camera angles. I got the Simpsons Game like right once it came out and the angles were horrible in co-op and it was so short.

On the game list thing, I think Crysis should've topped all of them or atleast got in second.
DS is a casual game system...Blasto covered that. Also, Crysis won't beat CoD4 by a long run; Crysis is too flashy for most PCs as it is.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
Crysis bombed in the selling chart, fact the game has sold so badly they are going to port it over to consoles in an attempt to boost the sales.

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Blasto121 said:
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/13/february-npd-industry-sales-hit-1-33b-xbox-360-still-trailing/

sales figures are starting to say otherwise, PS3 sales are picking up. People are moving away from the 360 with its horrible fail failure rate.

Well seeing as how the PS3 costs 200 dollars more, no wonder their sales are higher.

The "Fail" Fail rate isn't true. Maybe at RELEASE there were around 100k-200k failures, but I got mine a few months after release and it broke ONCE after I did something I was not supposed to with it, and you know what? I got the BEST technical support in my life. I got this really nice guy, who even got me an extra month of Xbox Live Free, AND a free game. Every new Xbox 360 has the new nano-65 chips installed, so "fail" failure rates won't be an issue anymore.

All the games I listed as exclusive will stay exclusive ( I noted which weren't exclusive and which were going to PC)

GTAIV- The game was delayed three times (three times wasn't it? Two? Idk.) because of the level of difficulty they had programming on the PS3's cell processors, and because they wanted both games to be EXACTLY the same. They didn't "shrink" anything for the 360, but removed it due to wanting to make release times, which they couldn't. Also, every demo/screen shot/movie has been based on the 360 version because it was the most complete version for all of them.

And do you think the AVERAGE consumer will even care that MGS is so big? I know the AVERAGE consumer might not even pick up the game because to fully enjoy it you need to play past MGS games. That's also why the Wii is in the lead right now because most if not all of their games you can pick up and play.

So yeah, MGS/FFXIII might sell a few thousand consoles. But wouldn't you think anyone that would want to play either of those games would already have a PS3? If they want to sell consoles they can't do it off of either of those games.

If you want to look at console sales you have to look at the casual gamer, possibly new to the market.

If it's their first console, MOST LIKELY they will buy a Wii because of it's pick up and play appeal.

If it isn't someone new to the market, it's going to depend on if they played Xbox/PS2/Gamecube, what games they had, and how well they understand them.

Someone who had a PS2 and played MGS will probably buy a PS3 and MGS4.

Someone who had an Xbox will probably buy an Xbox 360 and those games I listed.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
the 360 still fails -> http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/14/xbox- ... r-reports/

The article is dated Feb 14th so its still valid, unless Microsoft managed to fix all there issues within a month.

The thing about Microsoft exclusive content is its not really exclusive, if its ported over to PC then its not exclusive to just the 360. More than that most of the games are exclusive due to Microsoft bribing companies, much in the same way they buy out smaller companies to steal their programs so they can add them to windows.

Just look at lost planet, its moving to the PS3.

Like the GTA IV exclusive content sure it will have "exclusive content" but they are most likely going to release different types of "epic episodes" on the PS3 Microsoft just wanted to use the word exclusive and it cost them 50 Million for the rights to that. Oh and that would be only 1 delay, and once they got over it PS3 and 360 where just as far in production.

They may not pick up MGS4 however there is a pretty good chance that the multi player only version will sell very well.

You apparently missed my point around the casual gamers, the reason the Wii does so well in the sales charts. However if you really want to get into it the PS2 dominated the charts even after the release of the new age consoles, outselling everything except nintendo's hand held.

one thing people keep for getting to factor in is the time the 360 has been out VS the PS3, the 360 has been fully discovered developers know how to push it. They have pretty much tapped it for all that it has, PS3 on the other hand...

Love it or hate it the PS3 is slowly picking up speed its only a matter of time before production time on the PS3 is equal to that of the 360. I am sure once Square finishes FF13 and release the custom game engine they made things will really start to kick into high gear.