Bloodrose [WiP]

charcolishen

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Eh, if they were unused, then they'd be perfectly legal. Incorporated industries have to pay licensing to copyright stuff - thus they do not copyright material they do not publish. It's the used ones that are at issue.

But if they have been used in the earlier versions (I don't know myself) and are still available in the retail copies, wouldn't that still be illegal? Technically whatever has been put on the net or on stock is published.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
He said "unused", and Little-G seems to have a wide variety of game bits that were never employed. If they are on a WoW CD somewhere, then yeah, they are licensed and copyrighted. Again. not that it matters either way.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Foamy did not test his map on [FN]...

...someone who was involved in beta testing, and got his map DID... But I can't really delete them for it, as Bloodrose is on the official approved list.

They'll just be screwed when the new compile's out, as they won't be able to play it. ;)

Littlefrodo

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Littlefrodo said:
Why Why Why?
why did u test ur unfinished version if bloodrose at FN?
Everyone got different version of it and everyone is so damn happy becuase of one non fully compiled map :( this makes me sad

Why Why Why?
why did u test ur unfinished version if bloodrose at internet?
Everyone got different version of it and everyone is so damn happy becuase of one non fully compiled map :( this makes me sad

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
yeah...i can't solo this map, and i dont have other people around who can help test it...my server motd tells people to delete in development maps when they leave, and not to play them on FN...

not sure of what else i can do :\

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The beta pack should overwrite it (?). So just get a complete one in the April2007B.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
beta pack doesn't overwrite it because its not actually in the betapack...

see...i was kinda trying to beat lostcastle on the filesize...but i only got to 6291kb ...wonder if wadinclude would make it even bigger!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'd hate to tell ya this, but I recompilled it to just over 4mb... Cuz none of your textures are custom. ;)

I did a bunch of stuff to the boss chamber in attempts to deal with Atholo's stupidity - I'm also trying to fix the AI so Atholo isn't quite so stupid to begin with...

I'll try to get it and the betapack up today (I know, I said that yesterday - I ran into 'complications').

I wish I had some safe method of giving mappers more testing tools, other than test characters. I keep saying I'll put together a new test char... I'd put out mine, but the buggar has my name on it... *I* have a developer SC.DLL to work with, but there's no way I can let that leave the computer safely (I wont even run it on the main server for fear someone would DL it somehow).

So far my only idear is to make script side FN awareness (which I need to do anyways), so that the developer sc.dll will know if it's connected to a central network, and refuse to go into developer mode if it is... But even that is risky - and it does let people cheat on maps off FN to figure where everything is... (But I suppose you can do that with any map viewer too... so IDK.)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'm doing a very thorough final test on this with server side characters and the dev dll on the ded beta server, open to public.

...it'll take awhile. >< EPIC FRELLING MAP!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Okies, between the public beta test and some script changes, I think I got this down to a final compile.

...However, seeing as how FuzNet is down (and apparently Steam's master servers are too), I guess I'll wait to release the betapack and map until tomorrow, as it'll give me a chance to kick a few more bugs in the ass meantime.

I've running on server-side chars, and bloodrose is in the votemap there (it won't be later, as there'll be a transition for it in Thornlands). Ya can play it there, I'm *fairly* certain there won't be any more compiles.

You should also have no trouble transitioning to any protected maps on the server, or be missing skycastle chests.

Till the Steam master servers are up, you can connect by adding to yer favorites:
thothie.game-host.org:27017

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
When will it get released?

EDIT: i think FN has been back 30 minutes ago

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
When FN is back up.

...Seems as though Foamy absolutely couldn't live with that one blue ladder and did another compile, so you all get to download it again. ><

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Well, to tell you the truth, when I walked into that house and saw the blue ladder, I was like "Holy sh*t, damn, Foamy, render mode: solid and FX amount: 255!" so yeah, glad he fixed it.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
He did it fine - it's the texture that is busted, otherwise it'd be a ripent job. (Beware using "{Tree_Ladder" from the Daragoth.wad)

Seems however, his new compile went bonx0rz in his boss chamber for some reason, so we maybe going with the current compile after all + some ent edits.

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I played with some dudes today and we actually managed to beat Bloodrose. :D Awesome map except for the teleporters to the bossroom, which sucks terribly ass. And then the monsterclips which bridges the holes instead of blocking them. I hope you make the final compile soon :p

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Exactly what Jelly said. Just as in the Ice Bone Lord's room, there are func_monsterclip entities that actually COVER the holes instead of BLOCK them. I find it insanely annoying to see monsters take "shortcuts" which are impossible for players, especially when said shortcuts don't make sense at all.

I'm sure somebody is going to throw a "the skeletons can float" or "the skeletons are magic" excuse at me, but please, save it.

I'm not saying that these func_monsterclip entities should be removed, I'm saying that they should BLOCK the holes/hazards and not COVER them. Think of Garonhroth's room: the func_monsterclip entities in that room block all monsters from the lava. That's how these entities should be in the Bloodrose Mountains and in the Frozen Summit.

I was one of the people who completed the Bloodrose Mountains with Jelly today (and Mikkel, Sir_Killerlot and Shadow, and some others who I forgot) and it was a very amusing map indeed. Sir_Killerlot got that one amusing reward which I am not going to spoil here and when he dropped it on the floor, I was like:
:oldshock:
...!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Awesome reward :mrgreen:

And yeah, fix the god damn teleporters. I think that I teleported to my doom about eight times, just because I moved a cm to the left or right after coming through the teleporter. Very annoying.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Correction, the ms_snow monster clips for the holes are actually there for the boss' advantage. He "hovers" over the hole with the help of undead spells (or what ever your imagination wants)

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
they hovor over them because otherwise all of you would just get them stuck and hit them with magic and bows. the shortcuts stay.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
ms_snow is different, they have sprites! :oldlol:

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Or I have selective reading where I read what I want. But hey if you want to be a dick about it, then I guess I can't read ... at all. Never could.

Ever.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Seems the FN is back up, although I cant access the server direct for rollbacks or what not, and I have no message from Fuzzy telling me how long it's going to be up.

I was hoping to get more time to work the chinks out of the bandit mage, make the veteren version, and start on the bandit bosses, but I guess I'll just release it.

...Take me a bit to put the package together.

edit: Meh, give me another hour... Freaking Lightning storm seems to have busted itself for some reason, I midas well apply the intended roaming sustained version fix.